Being an enigma is only one of my talents, actually

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

aur462
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 May 2018, 2:50 am

Hello (your name here). I’m 45 and married (4 years) with no children.

It’s good to find forums like this one where there are people sharing experiences, asking questions that prompt discussion and deeper learning and insight. That sounds like a (stilted) paid advertisement doesn’t it? Rest assured, it’s not. Excuse my digression there (that’s still going apparently) - on Saturday night I get a little frisky.

The revelation there is a substantive trait/s I have previously only partially uncovered until now comes as a shock. I thought I knew a bit about “Asperger’s”, but I’m not sure I did. My maternal grandfather appears a candidate for ASD from description and my mom’s saying she suspected it (a few times). I suspect possible additional members on mom’s side, but it’s just speculation.

Dad’s mom, Velma (not that chick from Scooby Doo) was remarkable. To describe her as mildly autistic may be conservative. She was on the quiet side. If some people are said to have a “presence”, she would be approximately the opposite of that. Suffice to say, from years of encountering her, I’d gander a neurological problem.

I look forward to being a resource here (assuming I keep coming back, right?) and better educating myself on the human condition and gaining personal insight.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2018, 6:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

aur462
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2018, 12:25 am

Thanks, man. I continue to unveil more “surrealizations” as (most likely) having ASD is my new, still foreign reality.