Teacher's profane texts about crying autistic teen

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 12:31 am

Teacher's profane texts about crying autistic teen went to the wrong person — his mom

Quote:
Maybe the teacher should never have written the texts at all, but she really didn't mean for them to end up on Tiffany Elfstrom's phone.

But they did, Elfstrom says. They came from her autistic teen's teacher, who Elfstrom says mistakenly texted them to her Monday, while they were having a phone conversation

"This lil [expletive] is crying like a baby for mommy because he wants to go home," the first text read. It was followed by, " Omg I just want to omggggggg pull all my [expletive] hair out."

The teacher who sent the text has apparently been fired. Texas City ISD released a statement to KPRC, which read:

"The teacher admitted to sending the text, but did not intend to send it to the parent. No matter her intention, the text is highly inappropriate and does not represent the character of people we want teaching our students. She was immediately removed from the classroom. We investigated the incident and she no longer has a contract with our district."

The teacher's excuse?

"She told me that she was trying to text herself," Elfstrom told the station. "Now, I'm not tech savvy or smart, but I'm not tech stupid, either."

In addition to his autism, Jayden also suffers from other health problems, KHOU reported.

I would say by good luck or divine providence the text ended up in exactly the right place.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 10:09 am

Yes, sometimes I have some sympathy for the NTs when you post these autism related threads, but not this time.

I bet she wanted to text it to someone else, but had the parent in mind and the autopilot took over.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 11:54 am

well good, glad she got fired.

That is certainly no way to talk about disabled students.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 1:12 am

Some people should not teach special ed. This is one such person.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 1:22 am

You can send an email to yourself but you can't send a text message to yourself. It sounds like she's either "tech stupid" or a bad liar.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 1:34 pm

Drake wrote:
Yes, sometimes I have some sympathy for the NTs when you post these autism related threads, but not this time.

I bet she wanted to text it to someone else, but had the parent in mind and the autopilot took over.

Yep, this. The moviegoers where someone disrupted the theatre I feel bad for, but this woman? Not at all. Whether the kid was ASD/NT or w/e - any young child who's upset and wanting their mother might not be the most pleasant sound to hear.. but to text that to anyone, as a TEACHER? I mean, I know she was fired.. but it's almost as if she quit. lol Wtf did she think was going to happen?

RetroGamer87 wrote:
You can send an email to yourself but you can't send a text message to yourself. It sounds like she's either "tech stupid" or a bad liar.

Uh, what? :?

I text myself things whenever I want to make a note of something. I don't use a note app. I just type my own phone number into the text field where you would type someone else' number and then type & send myself a message, then I can check it later and scroll through any recent notes I may have needed. I probably only do this maaaaybe once every couple of months or so, but it is 100% doable.*

*Unless some phone carriers simply don't allow it to process like that. Then maybe not for you.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 10:01 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Uh, what? :?

I text myself things whenever I want to make a note of something. I don't use a note app. I just type my own phone number into the text field where you would type someone else' number and then type & send myself a message, then I can check it later and scroll through any recent notes I may have needed. I probably only do this maaaaybe once every couple of months or so, but it is 100% doable.*

*Unless some phone carriers simply don't allow it to process like that. Then maybe not for you.

Wait, let me try that. Well, it looks like you're right :o

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 2:09 am

There ya go - now you have a backup place to make quick notes for yourself. 8)

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2018, 9:45 am

This is what happens when you do dirt ...