Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

catmiao
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 May 2018, 1:25 pm

Lately we have been thinking to find a pen pal program that my SS (10) can utilize, and maybe make friends with other ASD kids as well.

My search ended up on quite a few web pages...but even the information on those pages is useful, the programs don't seem to still be alive.
I wonder if anyone has participated or have any information on this kind of programs?
Any help/thoughts/advice is much appreciated.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 7:04 pm

catmiao wrote:
Lately we have been thinking to find a pen pal program that my SS (10) can utilize, and maybe make friends with other ASD kids as well.

My search ended up on quite a few web pages...but even the information on those pages is useful, the programs don't seem to still be alive.
I wonder if anyone has participated or have any information on this kind of programs?
Any help/thoughts/advice is much appreciated.

I am sorry I've never connected to any of those. This forum has a page for kids, even though it isn't used that much, which might be a more "modern" way for your child to connect with others like him. ASD youth are also often very active in video games that can have some limited social chat / group interaction opportunities.