Feel guilty from all the resources I have consumed and the p

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 5:33 pm

I have a sense of guilt on my conscience that wont go away. I keep thinking about all the resources, time and money spent keeping me alive. The untold costs which are likely over a million in medical expenses, as well as the money spent on me for disability by the government and the money my parents have spent taking care of me.

I also feel sad thinking about all the garbage I have generated over my lifetime from all the plastics that will exist in some landfill forever. I dont have anything to show for it either.

My life has been consumed by chronic illness on top of chronic illness from my defective piece of junk body I am plagued with. I have got nowhere in life. I can't stop but feel like my life is a worthless parasite to this planet.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 6:31 pm

This is not a good way of thinking. If you have enough money to support yourself and other people to help you, that is a good thing. Sorry to hear of your health problems though. But you are so lucky to live in a country that can treat those problems. If these thoughts keep disturbing you, you should talk to a therapist.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 6:39 pm

What would be your solution to this?

I hope the solution involves furthering your life.

My feeling is: You give, and you take. That's life.

Even one-celled creatures "give," and "take."

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 9:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What would be your solution to this?

I hope the solution involves furthering your life.

My feeling is: You give, and you take. That's life.

Even one-celled creatures "give," and "take."

I give whenever I can, whatever I have in excess. Still feels like a large disparity.

It is hard to avoid the plastic waste and reduce my footprint on this planet when plastics are everywhere and so many of them arent recyclable. Everything I throw away I felt a sense of guilt. :|

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 10:01 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
This is not a good way of thinking. If you have enough money to support yourself and other people to help you, that is a good thing. Sorry to hear of your health problems though. But you are so lucky to live in a country that can treat those problems. If these thoughts keep disturbing you, you should talk to a therapist.

I realize that so many health crises that I made it through, I could have just as well not had those resources and faced with the same situation would have been screwed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 11:32 pm

Elephants leave considerable footprints, and squander natural resources. I don’t see them feeling guilty.

The best thing to do is attempt to conserve as much as you can.

Every living being leaves their imprints, does damage. Some repair the damage.

As long as you seek to repair the damage, why feel guilty?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 12:29 am

I think you are treating yourself far too harshly. You didn't ask for the challenges that you have negotiated, which took courage and endurance, give yourself credit for that.

And put it in wider perspective - in one way or another, probably every member here could do better in some way, small or large. As long as people don't abuse animals, or people of any size or age, and are capable of some kind of kindness to others, they are humans in good standing to me.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 12:51 am

I'm sure there's people consuming many more resources than you are. At least you don't fly around in a private jet. At least you don't buy investment properties and then keep them unoccupied to drive up their worth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 2:28 am

We are all parasites for this planet, it doesn't matter for the planet whether you make money or not.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 3:35 am

I feel the same sometimes when I'm having a bad day... in those times I just keep reminding myself that everyone is some kind of burden to the society they live in and to this planet at some point of their life and that as long as I do my best and am not a burden on purpose, then I'm not a bad person. What I can do without burdening others, I will. What I can't do without burdening others, I ask for help, knowing that if they ever ask me help and I can help, I will. I get benefits now, and once I become someone who doesn't need them I'll be a tax payer helping others who need them. So yes, I take, but it's fine as long as I'm ready to give when I'm cabable of doing so.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 9:31 am

I feel all living creatures have the right to make use of the resources the Earth has. I'm sure Mother Nature feels the same.

I also believe one should also seek to fix what they have "broken." And to replace what they have exploited. Chop down a tree, plant two new trees.

Without people, animals, and minerals "taking up space," there would be nothing.

Please stop feeling guilty for "taking up space."

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 3:18 pm

f**k it, money is a fake manmade construct anyways.. fractional reserve fiat currency is but a bunch of digits in a database, whoopeedoo, spend it. It's not even real in the first place. It's all BS.

Don't be wasteful of resources, though. And be appreciative of the ones you do utilize.

You may have no idea why you're here and why others have poured resources into keeping you alive, but everything happens for a reason.. so even if you never figure it out yourself doesn't mean that you haven't had some purposeful impact on the world or other people. Maybe you exist to give your parents a sense of purpose in their efforts to assist in the continuation of your existence and it's that process through which you deliver value & teach the power of familial love?

Hydromind
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 May 2018, 8:58 pm

People and society need to help us so we can help it back. In many cases, the people who require the most help, are the people who have the most to give. Even if you make an impact on just one person, that can be huge.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 8:04 am

Noca

Everyone has a carbon footprint

Plenty of people have carbon footprints larger than yours

They do not all feel guilty

Plenty of people do not contribute to society in meaningful significant ways

They do not all feel guilty

Not everything that appears good, ends up being good

Your diagnoses are not your fault

Yes, please do not waste excessive resources. But everyone has to waste some resources to continue living

The other thing is that some precious lil :twisted: people :skull: are so arrogant and self important they act like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Deities :evil: gift to planet Earth

The professional counselors that I have had. Whoosh. :roll: she told me that clients :evil: need help :cry: with something

Wtf :?: :roll:

"Help?"

She's just sitting around talking :!:

She made it sound like she successfully dragged my dumbfuck worthless corpse out of a burning building

:roll:

Not all contributions, purposes and meanings are positive

For example Hitler

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 8:25 pm

Noca, I'm sorry to see you feeling so badly about yourself.

I wish you'd concentrate instead on things you feel good about or enjoy. It's healthier, too.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 7:01 pm

Thanks for all the supportive posts everybody. :heart: