Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 4:04 pm

Diesem hier liebe ich: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CYTcQUKTVY

Ein schonen Tag war das.

(Note: I dont know how to put the two little dots above the O in schonen, but I know they belong there).

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 9:41 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Germany is a very beautiful country. It's the green and brown to Britain's grey and red. It has a dark past but it's thriving today. I have a dark past and I'm thriving today.

It's the country that the hippies got their ideas from in the Mid-late 60s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippie

The first signs of modern "proto-hippies" emerged in fin de siècle Europe. Between 1896 and 1908, a German youth movement arose as a countercultural reaction to the organized social and cultural clubs that centered around German folk music. Known as Der Wandervogel ("wandering bird"), the hippie movement opposed the formality of traditional German clubs, instead emphasizing amateur music and singing, creative dress, and communal outings involving hiking and camping.[21] Inspired by the works of Friedrich Nietzsche, Goethe, Hermann Hesse, and Eduard Baltzer, Wandervogel attracted thousands of young Germans who rejected the rapid trend toward urbanization and yearned for the pagan, back-to-nature spiritual life of their ancestors.[22] During the first several decades of the 20th century, Germans settled around the United States, bringing the values of the Wandervogel with them. Some opened the first health food stores, and many moved to southern California where they could practice an alternative lifestyle in a warm climate. Over time, young Americans adopted the beliefs and practices of the new immigrants. One group, called the "Nature Boys", took to the California desert and raised organic food, espousing a back-to-nature lifestyle like the Wandervogel.[23] Songwriter eden ahbez wrote a hit song called Nature Boy inspired by Robert Bootzin (Gypsy Boots), who helped popularize health-consciousness, yoga, and organic food in the United States.

It's also the country where the Volkswagen Beetle and other cars to follow were invented.

I also enjoy listening to their music and other things about Germany as well.

Ja, Arbeit Macht Frei.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 9:47 am

Was ist den loss? Katze hat dein Zunge?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 4:32 pm

The German government is credited to this day of creating Daylight Savings Time which was first used during
World War I as a means to save energy.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 2:29 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
The German government is credited to this day of creating Daylight Savings Time which was first used during
World War I as a means to save energy.

Trying to reply all in German I'm now realizing how rusty I am...OK here goes

Sie haben auch das Trabrant gemacht, ja, gut Auto da....NICHT.