Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2018, 4:43 pm

Somedays I just hate doing things because of the way people are. They stare. They try to socialize with me. They try to touch me.

I hate speaking. Its difficult for me. But sometimes people dont understand. I went to wait for my aunt at the doctors office where she works as a secretary. I was with my older cousin. It got quite loud. People were trying to talk to me but I wasnt in a verbal mood. I tried to be polite. I think I was. I have such a difficult time speaking.

It is so difficult to go to family gatherings. Everyone wants to hug me. I want to run away. I tried. Im apparently really stiff during hugs. They make me feel so uncomfortable.

Stimming in public is another issue. People point. I try not to be loud in public. I will move my fingers around or speak quietly. Sometimes when Im overwhelmed I rock or wave my hands from side to side. People seem to feel uncomfortable when that happens.

I have sensory issues with food. I will not eat squash. The texture is terrible in my mouth. But I am sometimes forced to. Thats annoying. I once threw up just because I hated squash so much.

Sometimes people think Im spoiled because I get extra accomodations at school that they dont think I need. I get to go for 2 walks a day. I get extra time on tests and I write tests in the learning support room. I also sometimes do my work in there. Its much quieter and I can get extra assistance.

Its also very annoying when people say that school is easy for me and that I cant understand their problems. They think that its too easy for me. Its difficult.