Finding Friends in Academy & Dire Mental Health

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2018, 4:43 pm

Finding friends in academy all alone is hard and extremely uncomfortable
I've been through traumatic events in interpersonal relationships, and put me in a very stressed and depressed situation I've been dragging for a very long time

I try my best to take care of the interpersonal issues, but it involves too much thinking and unfortunately no action. I am seeing a therapist, but the issues are large and many

The thing is, they may have an effect on how I communicate and perceived among people so it makes it harder for me to understand social situations.

I walked with a group of people I'd say have a tribal vibe to them. One of them asked why I walk the way I walk, and before that asked if I'm seeking a fight. That made me feel concerned. They have a thuggish vibe to them - lying when I asked some of them their names

Because of my condition I take things too personally, so I cope by knowing that I do not actually seek a fight but try to socialize and communicate as best as I can

On the other hand, I met a few pin-picked individuals who are better to talk to - they are softer, more gentle and show more care. However, due to academy and my dire mental health due to stress, I cannot and choose not to communicate much since I kinda lost myself with all the stress. The latter people, while are more distant, are better to communicate with. However the problem is, I cannot communicate them regarding academic concerns, since I have much personal work to do regarding that

I just had to share this, hope someone can relate
I don't look for much advice, but for more understanding, with a little advice :)

Thanks for the help guys, it would mean allot to me!

Caseymom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2018, 8:34 pm

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time right now.

Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2018, 4:55 am

Thanks for your response.
To think of it, I may need advice
So as for everyone, feel free to write whatever help it is you can provide