How would Autistics be treated if the central powers won ww1

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 2:37 am

I want to know because I also have a thread asking how would Autistics be treated if the axis wins ww2.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 4:20 pm

The central powers were Germany, Austria-Hungary, Italy, and the Turkish empire.

Psychotherapy as we know it was largely invented in Austria by Freud in circa 1900. And Dr. Asperger himself was Austrian.

So if the Kaiser and his Austrian allies had prevailed then ….all of Europe would have been forced at gunpoint to...sit on the psychiatrists' couch for psychoanalysis! The result would have been better detection of autism and aspergers at an early point in the twentieth century. More help for them earlier in history.And autistics and aspies would rule today! Aspies uber alles!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 5:52 pm

France and uk would been forced to surrender and have large debt stacked onto them as well as surrender all heir colonies and empires. Maybe a English or French hitler would rise up to seek revenge for the treaty and use it to get followers. There wouldn’t been a German empire that’s not what ww1 was about. It was because Serbia assainited the Austrian duke who was related to the emperor. So they could claim Bosnia. It should have just been between Serbia and Austria hungry but Serbia had a treaty with Russia and new they could drag them and France into war for them and let them do the fighting for Serbia’s cause. It’s be like Philippines attacking Russia knowing if Russia attacked back the us would fight the war for them.
How’d aspies be i dont know probably similar to how we are. Maybe worse for us English speaking ones depending on how England or France handled the defeat and utter humiliation of their nations all while dealing with economic collapse. That’s what lead to the rise of the Nazis. If Germany had won hitler would’ve never been more then a Corp in the German army. Post war Germany would been booming people feeling pride from victory, the Keizer would stayed in power. If Germany hadn’t attacked us ships eventually England would have and we’d sided with the Germans and with Russia out of the way, English French troops would been outnumbered and were already tired and given up on offensive plans.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 3:08 am

I would rather have a central powers victory because no WW2 and no Nazis. I wish I could travel back in time and help the central powers. like Naturalplastic said Autistics be better off because we could help them earlier probably sometime in the early 20th century.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 4:37 am

I was actually being slightly tongue in cheek because I thought it was a silly question.Didn't really think it would make a difference to the lives of autistics today. You may have heard the expression "ask a silly question, get a silly answer".

But actually ...two things. "Many a truth is spoken in jest" as the Bard said. Its not impossible that a victory by the Kaiser would have effected the spread of Austian ideas about psychology beyond the German speaking world. And as I thought about it it did occur to me(as sly said) that a German victory in the first war would have prevented the rise of Hitler. But at the same time caused a greater danger of the rise of a Mussolini, or a Hitler, type fascist leader in France, and/or, in Britain. Paradoxically the actual rise of Hitler caused Freud himself to flee to the UK. But at the same time probably delayed the English speaking scientific community becoming aware of the work of Hans Asperger. So it cut both ways.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 12:45 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
I would rather have a central powers victory because no WW2 and no Nazis. I wish I could travel back in time and help the central powers. like Naturalplastic said Autistics be better off because we could help them earlier probably sometime in the early 20th century.

Really if we just didn’t blame Germany for a war they didn’t start and we’re just defendtheir ally,if we hadn’t seemed to punish them not for the war but as a chance to get back at them for past stuff, the USA warned Europe about this we said don’t punish Germans it’ll creat resentment and desire for revenge, and sure enough it did. England and France just wanted to get at a long time enemy so pitiful. It should just been white peace. No terms, no punishment. Just an agreement to end the war. I wonder how the Nazis treated Serbs since they were the reason for Germany’s problems from losing a war Serbia started and knew would go global.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 12:56 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I was actually being slightly tongue in cheek because I thought it was a silly question.Didn't really think it would make a difference to the lives of autistics today. You may have heard the expression "ask a silly question, get a silly answer".

But actually ...two things. "Many a truth is spoken in jest" as the Bard said. Its not impossible that a victory by the Kaiser would have effected the spread of Austian ideas about psychology beyond the German speaking world. And as I thought about it it did occur to me(as sly said) that a German victory in the first war would have prevented the rise of Hitler. But at the same time caused a greater danger of the rise of a Mussolini, or a Hitler, type fascist leader in France, and/or, in Britain. Paradoxically the actual rise of Hitler caused Freud himself to flee to the UK. But at the same time probably delayed the English speaking scientific community becoming aware of the work of Hans Asperger. So it cut both ways.

Unless Germany sought a white peace and demanded no economic punishment, then it’s not likely any hitler like person would rise to power. Italy was also punished for their actions in ww1. Europeans were so petty though, so it’s likely Germany would have too. They’d forgotten the reason of the war and just fighting to fight each other, like Europeans have done in past wars to. Why did French and England hate each other? Cause their French duh would say the English. Thankful we’ve passed that today. It’s probably due to ww2. Othwerwise maybe the French and English would still despise each other and fight occasionally wars :p as I see it only two nations deserved punishment from ww1, Serbia and Russia. Serbia for starting it and Russia for joining an unjust war(Russia got their punishment at the hands of Stalin) the Russian leader should have said no Serbia you started this your on your own. It would then been a limited small short war between Austria and Serbia, no they nation would gotten involved. War wouldn’t been over in few months year max.serbia didn’t have the strength to fight Austria. Serbia wanted a world war, they thought it’d lead to them getting Bosnia. Give the Bosnia Serbia war of 90s I’m guessing it didn’t.

But it’d been bad for Asia and Africa. No ww2 would been good for Europe but delayed the colonies their freedom. Though we might have seen the chin government beat the communist and thus no rise to mao . If the war ended before death of the Russian leader maybe Stalin would been avoided, overall ww1 gave way to many dictators who killed millions.

That’s why you don’t sign aggressive treaty’s and only treaties for defense which means your attacked without any aggression from you to provoke said attack.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 1:41 pm

Do you, for a moment, believe that an Austrian-Hungarian emperor would have embraced the Jewish Freud’s ideas? This emperor would probably have suppressed the spread of his ideas. He might have even tried to suppress Freud himself.

We would have been far worse off if the Central Powers won WW One. Except there probably wouldn’t have been concentration camps and Nazis.

There would have been a imperial mentality, in general, which would have stifled Aspie initiative, and placed Classic autistic people in institutions.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 2:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Do you, for a moment, believe that an Austrian-Hungarian emperor would have embraced the Jewish Freud’s ideas? This emperor would probably have suppressed the spread of his ideas. He might have even tried to suppress Freud himself.

We would have been far worse off if the Central Powers won WW One. Except there probably wouldn’t have been concentration camps and Nazis.

There would have been a imperial mentality, in general, which would have stifled Aspie initiative, and placed Classic autistic people in institutions.

No one knows its alternate history.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 2:26 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The central powers were Germany, Austria-Hungary, Italy, and the Turkish empire.

Psychotherapy as we know it was largely invented in Austria by Freud in circa 1900. And Dr. Asperger himself was Austrian.

So if the Kaiser and his Austrian allies had prevailed then ….all of Europe would have been forced at gunpoint to...sit on the psychiatrists' couch for psychoanalysis! The result would have been better detection of autism and aspergers at an early point in the twentieth century. More help for them earlier in history.And autistics and aspies would rule today! Aspies uber alles!

Why do you say autistics would rule today?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 5:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

We had bristih imperial mentality and French imperial mentally. What’s the difference if they were German and Austrian. Austria Hungary was already failing at that point it wouldn’t held up much long after ww1 vicitory.
So I don’t think we’d been worse off. Probably just about same we are now but bunch of African and Asian colonies would had earlier independence. Germany never had a fleet to control global empire like Britain and France did

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 7:35 pm

The Austro-Hungarian Empire were dying, but the Germans weren’t.

The English wouldn’t have fared well under the Germans.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2018, 4:33 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Why do you say autistics would rule today?

Why did I say that?

To be silly...in response to what struck me as a silly question.

If Hitler had won the second world war it would have made a difference, in a bad way, to many groups. Including autistics. We would all be slated for extermination. That's rather obvious.

But the Kaiser was not that extreme in evil. So him winning the first world war would not have made any obvious difference to how well autistics are treated today. So asking "how would autistics be treated today if the Kaiser had won the First World War?" strikes me as like asking "if Booth had not shot Lincoln would giraffes be an endangered species today?" .you're linking two things that are not linked in any obvious way.

Evan4905
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2018, 8:22 pm

I do t think apspies were on the radar yet
Considering its genetic it's easy to assume they wouldn't tolerate it
But then again himmler himself would probably be considered an aspie

I think the Nazis would take a pragmatic view with the low functioning less useful being institutionalized and the high functioning high intelligence people being given some useful task.
I personally think the Nazis would look the other way to a scientist who didn't look people in the eyes but was good at building rockets or jets.

Evan4905
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2018, 8:29 pm

On the Freudian stuff
The Germans weren't big fans of frued actually
Frued is jewsish after all and said some pretty degenerate things about sexuality that wouldn't fly in conservative kiaserriech

The Germans were bigger fans of the psychology of jung
Who spoke about the collective unconscious and the role of traditional concepts in our psychology
Jordan Peterson I think falls in the jung camp that's why he talks so much about representations in stories

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2018, 4:21 am

Dylanperr wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

No one knows its alternate history.

But that's the very thing you are asking us for. Alternative history.

The point is that there is no reason to think it would have made any difference. The Kaiser and the Austrian Emperors were neither friendlier, nor less friendly, to autistics (who were not even recognized as a group until after the second world war two generations later)than were the western allies.

The SECOND world war, in contrast, might well have made a difference. Because the second war was started by a dictator with a totalitarian ideology that included both mass murder, and euthanasia as part of the package. A radically different animal than the heads of state of the Germany and Austria during the first world war (basically just two traditional old fashioned monarchs, much like, and even related by blood to, the British royal family).