Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 2:38 am

DeepHour wrote:
Social Liberalism, PC and Identity Politics should get short shrift

Here’s the thing, that’ll be around as long as social conservativism is. “Identity politics” is a phrase that’s been so over used by the right it’s lost all meaning. The right often claim “identity politics” when a politician promises equal or civil rights; but if playing to minorities is the definition - being anti is as well (playing to racists, homophobes, xenophobes, etc.). By bipartisan definition, Trump is the identity politics king since his entire platform was oddly based on fear of “the other.”

Sea Breeze
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jun 2018, 12:04 pm

Political correctness should not be a priority at all. Seeing how it shackles people is so sad to watch. I think many people here who are kinda on the sjws side think they really do care about social justice, but it's just a mask so that they can gain power in society. And it's not about some gaining power til' it's just, whatever they may tell themselves. Just like everybody they want more power. The rare chance you find a white cis male sjw the chances are they are trying to get laid with a feminist in my experience.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 12:14 pm

Sea Breeze wrote:
The rare chance you find a white cis male sjw the chances are they are trying to get laid with a feminist in my experience.

I'd say this is accurate. As a minority, I fight for my right to exist as well as to freedom and security. What our allies have to gain, I don't know which is why it's always made me skeptical.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 12:19 pm

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Sea Breeze wrote:
The rare chance you find a white cis male sjw the chances are they are trying to get laid with a feminist in my experience.

I'd say this is accurate. As a minority, I fight for my right to exist as well as to freedom and security. What our allies have to gain, I don't know which is why it's always made me skeptical.

Plenty of allies of minorities just want to do what they think is right, regardless if they gain anything or not. It's a matter of empathy and a sense of right and wrong.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 9:57 am

Why environment is my #1 concern.
VVV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQN7ZLZ27hU

Hmmm... Perhaps the "evil liberal science conspiracy" has a point.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/