Page 1 of 42 [ 661 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 12:29 pm

Ny life never really happened - It never quite took off :( . Things never quite happened.- I tended to be a little too far away, or miss it a little. My life was sort of vamping, waiting for something that never happened :cry: .
Now, I'm not even being allowed - it isn't't " appropriate " to even talk about one if my life's greatest disappointments :cry: , even on one lousy duck g thread that no one has to read. Oh, and I'm told how terrible I am for not telling people how wonderful their stupid - yes, I said STUPID - ideas for me are :( . That disappointment could maybe be helped if someone would help me, confer with me privately - not materially or financially - just a little bit :cry: .
More immediately, the estate money is apparently starting to run low. The lawyer says I should look for other lodging than this motel. I agree, but what I really need is some sort of at least lightly handicapped-suitable place and I can't really find that - For one thing, I'm handicapped and it's hard to get around! :( Also, people nowadays look for apartments on Craigslist and then swoop in - I Don't have very good tech to either read CL, or make and receive followup calls! :( I really don't't have the money for a full retail price apartment, and my references would be non-existent not to mention no doubt giving off a " homeless " vibe :| .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Last edited by ASS-P on 14 Jun 2018, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 12:37 pm

Telling you that you have to be able to make your own phone calls in regards to your high school transcripts is "stupid?"

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 1:04 pm

...Ni, indulging in TV-movie fantasia about getting a GED that I am not eligible for and covering my existing diploma up by claiming Ididn't take courses because " they never look up people's identity " I'd SUPID, STUPID, STUPID. STUPID, STUPID.
I think you gave support to this plan. too. Aldo. I AM socially cut off. I HAVE been scarred by what happened in the past, when I applied and my full transcrips were't sent. I have less than optimal te h for contacting the transcript-holders - Some help in that would help mr :( . Not absurd complicated longest-way-around take-a-fake-GED stirylines :x !

esGeek"]Telling you that you have to be able to make your own phone calls in regards to your high school transcripts is "stupid?"[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 10:11 pm

ASS-P wrote:
Now, I'm not even being allowed - it isn't't " appropriate " to even talk about one if my life's greatest disappointments :cry: , even on one lousy duck g thread that no one has to read. Oh, and I'm told how terrible I am for not telling people how wonderful their stupid - yes, I said STUPID - ideas for me are :( . That disappointment could maybe be helped if someone would help me, confer with me privately - not materially or financially - just a little bit :cry:

I'm waiting for you to continue your story in the other thread.

But really all your posts pretty much boil down to you wanting someone here to get personally involved in your life and carry you, at least to some extent.

But considering this is a forum for disabled people, a lot of whom can not even carry themselves or are struggling greatly just to barely get by, this really is not the place to look for a benefactor. Lots of :cry: faces isn't going to change that.

Last edited by EzraS on 14 Jun 2018, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 10:15 pm

Berating people for making an honest mistake just won’t cut it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 10:42 pm

Yeah no one is going to sign up that either.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 12:33 am

...KK, it seems that XFG was " conveniently ignoring " that she had been gung ho-ly in favor of the fake identity GED concept. So, I pointed it out to her again.
However - I Don't see how anyone would even think if taking a GED when he has a. HS diploma
already. Let alone " give a fake identity, they never look it up ".
I don't see why Ezra would care about the NYU stkry. Didn't he want the apple thread cu

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 1:02 am

ASS-P wrote:
...KK, it seems that XFG was " conveniently ignoring " that she had been gung ho-ly in favor of the fake identity GED concept. So, I pointed it out to her again.
However - I Don't see how anyone would even think if taking a GED when he has a. HS diploma

You've harped on and on about the GED issue endlessly now. What's your point in that, convincing everyone that you think they're to stupid help you? Or that if they did help you, you would constantly berate them?

ASS-P wrote:
I don't see why Ezra would care about the NYU stkry. Didn't he want the apple thread cu

I'd rather see a straight flat out story than the usual head games that never work for you.

I'd also like to hear about the couple of years you did spend in college and how you made that work.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 3:26 am

You are too attached to the past. Ask yourself clearly what it is you are so attached to.

How about considering a career as an actor? California is a great place for performing arts.

Lots of big actors were high school dropouts including Nicolas Cage, Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Johnny Depp and Mark Wahlberg.

Never mind colleges they didn't even finish high school.

When one door closes, another opens. Find a new opportunity!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 5:45 am

He’ll do better as the next Charles Bukowski.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 7:03 am

ASS-P wrote:

If there's truly no records of your high school attendance, then getting a GED is the next logical step.

However, no one has any idea if your high school records are extant or not because you refuse to pick up a phone and make a call. For the last time, NO ONE can get your transcripts for you, and yelling at and berating us won't change that.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 7:17 am

Wait a second....wait a second....shouldn’t ASS-P be able to get his COLLEGE transcripts? I know he owes money....but maybe he doesn’t owe money to somebody?

That should cancel out needing the high school evidence.

I shoulda thought of that....

A possible long shot....but something which should be considered.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 7:22 am

I might be talking out of my ass....if so, don’t get on my ass, ASS-P :P

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 8:15 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

If there's truly no records of your high school attendance, then getting a GED is the next logical step.

However, no one has any idea if your high school records are extant or not because you refuse to pick up a phone and make a call. For the last time, NO ONE can get your transcripts for you, and yelling at and berating us won't change that.

I don't see any reason why his transcripts would not be archived with everyone elses. Probably on a microfiche reel.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 1:25 pm

.,. :cry: I just lost a carefully written :cry: , nearly complete :cry: , draft, and I do not have time:cry: to rewrite it :cry: but, people like to suggest glamorous-sounding things without thinking about the effort and infrastructure that it would take to carry them out. That would be boring :( .

y"]You are too attached to the past. Ask yourself clearly what it is you are so attached to.

How about considering a career as an actor? California is a great place for performing arts.

Lots of big actors were high school dropouts including Nicolas Cage, Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Johnny Depp and Mark Wahlberg.

Never mind colleges they didn't even finish high school.

When one door closes, another opens. Find a new opportunity![/quote]

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 1:46 pm

Santa Cruz, like Seattle, has a severe housing crisis. There are just too many homeless people and not enough units. I moved to a small town with a shorter (6 months to 1 year) waiting list and now I'm domiciled.

That said, there are lots of subsidized apts in Santa Cruz, but their waitlists are years long. Santa Cruz, like Seattle, has about 12,000 homeless people waiting for places. The wait starts somewhere. Here is some info.

http://www.officialhousingauthority.com ... authority/

Santa Cruz Housing Authority
2931 Mission Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060-5709

https://www.hacosantacruz.org/

https://housingapartments.org/californi ... uz_ca_city

http://www.lowincome-apartments.com/CA/ ... -95060.htm

https://affordablehousingonline.com/hou ... Santa-Cruz

http://www.cityofsantacruz.com/governme ... nformation

https://www.publichousing.com/city/ca-santa_cruz