No, but I wish I did 13%  13%  [ 9 ]
No, but I'm fine without any 16%  16%  [ 11 ]
I used to, but I lost them all 23%  23%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 70

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 4:00 am

I don't really have the friend chip. My cousin is certainly my friend. I have a friend I know through a forum that I game with. There's various people in real life who know and like me and vice versa.

I remember a line in a Steven King book (but forget which book) that said friends come and go like waiters in a restaurant.

I do not think I would like the strife and heartbreak that tends to go along with having a best friend or significant other.

But I am glad I have my cousin. He's like a fraternal twin. 1 Liam is worth 100 besties.

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2018, 5:27 am

Hi! It's been a while since I've popped in. How are you all?

Friends? I thought I had some but I haven't seen any of them in years. It was Ezra, I think, who said sometime last year that they probably aren't my friends if I never see them. At the time I though he was wrong. Now, I think Ezra may have been spot on. Someone who I thought was a good "friend" (I was his best man), who now lives a few hundred miles away, has visited my town several times over the past few years but never contacted me to see if we could meet up. Whenever I'd bring it up over FB he'd brush it off as he didn't have the time and then I'd see posts from other "friends" about them all going to the pub together or them going to my local beach for the day. The worst case was when a member of his family posted photos of them in my town, just 400m from my house!

I was extremely sad at first, wondering what I'd done that was so wrong and it took me a while to realise that I hadn't done anything and that he just doesn't want to see me. Nowadays, I wish him happy birthday on FB and that's about it. I've just given up.

My wife, son and daughter are all the friends I need.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 5:36 am

At this present, I'm not sure.

In real life, I don't have the time to keep one nor do sought one.
But if rare chances of meet ups and mismatches of ages do count, then yes.
Tons of acquaintances too. Half of them are actually friendly yet actually total strangers to me. A few of them I actually like.
I don't make friends, nor really make an effort to keep it. They just come, and they just stay. I can let them go.

Online? I'm not sure. I rarely ever get a chance to chat with them. I couldn't play the game/s we were into for like, 5+ years now.
Yet most of them haven't deleted me on their friend lists. And so far, from the last time someone chatted me, plenty online people had been waiting for me -- meaning, I wasn't forgotten so far.
I did had besties online back then. Funny enough, most of them had been NDs all along.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 6:02 am

I used to have a great set of friends that accepted me, as weird as I was, for who I am but they all moved away or my Autistic symptoms just became too much as I got older. Much of that is due to the fact that I had a very late diagnosis so I couldn't really identify the problems and work around them so I can keep my friends but it was already too late.

The loss of that group of friends was excruciatingly to say the least and I haven't been able to bring myself to try and create another group as its far too emotionally exhausting to be around people in the first place. I suppose in my old age my tolerance for NTs has simply diminished significantly.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

ravXVl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jun 2018, 8:39 am

I don't have any friends, mainly because I find it impossible to make close friends with people who don't have the same interests as I do.

My main special interest is so niche and narrow that I literally would have to travel outside my country to find someone with the same interest, unfortunately.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 8:44 am

ravXVl wrote:
I don't have any friends, mainly because I find it impossible to make close friends with people who don't have the same interests as I do.

My main special interest is so niche and narrow that I literally would have to travel outside my country to find someone with the same interest, unfortunately.

What is it?

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 3:49 pm

I have a couple friends, but I don't get to see them a lot. They usually are very busy but I do enjoy seeing them when they are available.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 9:50 pm

I lost my friends when their interests started to change but mine stayed the same. I currently have one who also has Asperger's and who also shares a special interest with me. But for me, when the interest ends, the friendship usually does too.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 8:47 am

Arganger wrote:
ravXVl wrote:

What is it?

I am just thinking of the film Hostel now.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 11:41 am

^That is funny :mrgreen: