Creativity helped me provide food and shelter for myself.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Celifrog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2018, 6:32 pm

Would just like to share this story here. ( :mrgreen: Venting but, not advertising. :oops: )

I graduated highschool when I was 17 and, was trying to get a job. I filled out probably about a hundred to two hundred applications and got about 5-10 interviews. Unfortunately, I was very good at filling out an application for a job but couldn't have the social skills to get through an interview. No one would ever say yes. So many nos and no responses.
It was very annoying and I just assumed I would've ended up homeless. I got very bored during that year of doing nothing and started uploading youtube videos like crazy. For fun and for something to do that weren't video games.
When I was in school I used to slack off by doing creative writing(Teachers would think that I was working on an assignment when I was actually writing a fictional story for the fun of it. I thought I was so slick as I flunked all of those classes. XD)
Those stories are long gone but, it did develop a skill that was creativity that helped so very much. The skills school taught me weren't as useful when it came to finding a job of some sort.
That year when I was 17 and making a bunch of youtube videos with fictional plots, I didn't know I was actually a good writer/story writer but, thousands and thousands of people watched my videos. Then tens of thousands, then a hundred thousand occasionally.

I monetized my youtube videos when I was 18 and it provided food and shelter. I am very thankful for it. I'm almost 20 at the time and my birthday is coming up in a few months. It has been nice and, I am grateful that I was able to find out about my creativity.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 1:13 am

Good for you! Dilly! Dilly!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 1:32 pm

Celifrog wrote:
Creativity helped me provide food and shelter for myself.
YES!

Nowhere in your post did I see any lame excuses, pleas for pity, or blame placed on "the world" for your plight.

Homelessness sucks; I'm glad you've avoided it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Celifrog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2018, 4:45 am

Have you experienced homelessness? What was it like?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 8:02 am

Celifrog wrote:
Have you experienced homelessness? What was it like?
Yes. It was like reality had shifted and left me abandoned in a third-world country surrounded by horribly mutated and foul-smelling human-like creatures. I knew that if I did nothing to get out of there fast, I would end up just like them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.