Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 5:42 pm

This has been on my mind for some time. You hear about doomsday brought forth by the rise of AI, taking jobs, and assuming mankind is obsolete, but you never hear about raising one, teaching one from the start of infancy; having it learn and grow in the same manner as a human being. Teaching it not only reading, writing, and arithmetic but also right and wrong. What is childhood and growing into adulthood for an AI?

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 6:02 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
... What is childhood and growing into adulthood for an AI?
You would have to ask an A.I.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

isloth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jul 2018, 6:13 pm

Cool question! Well I guess since usual representations of AI/androids in movies/shows seem very similar to representations of Aspies, I guess they would keep it consistent. Being discriminated against, not feeling like you belong, problems processing emotions of others/yourself, problems understanding why people say things they don't mean, etc.

On the issue of right and wrong, they almost are always shown to take extremely strong and uncompromising positions on justice (black and white thinking I guess you can say), and I do think that Aspies might do that as well. For example, I take justice rather seriously, but my understanding of it may be simplistic or distorted since I haven't felt emotions the same way "normal" people might.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 5:46 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
This has been on my mind for some time. You hear about doomsday brought forth by the rise of AI, taking jobs, and assuming mankind is obsolete, but you never hear about raising one, teaching one from the start of infancy; having it learn and grow in the same manner as a human being. Teaching it not only reading, writing, and arithmetic but also right and wrong. What is childhood and growing into adulthood for an AI?

Machines have replaced jobs with new and better jobs for 250 years. An AI doesn't have a free will and does not "want" anything. It's perfectly harmless unless someone programs it to be dangerous. Having said that, AI will definitely be used for warfare in the future.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 5:48 am

You should consider watching the shows Humans its really good. Its about robots becoming conscious.

kicker
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2018, 1:00 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:

If you are truly interested MIT, Stanford, Google, Microsoft, Nvidia, Columbia and a few others offer free online courses in machine learning. They are easy to find. Plus the ever growing volumes of tutorials that delve into how to create your own and teach it in a variety of programming languages and OS as well as integrate already developed AI into existing projects.

If this is just for idle speculation I suggest getting the following tattooed on you so the evil AI will know where you stand.

01001001 00100000 01100001 01101101 00100000 01000001 01001001 00100111 01110011 00100000 01000010 01101001 01110100 01100011 01101000

I suggest the forehead as facial recognition is the up and coming technology for AI. That and it will speed things along at the slaughter house. :roll:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2018, 2:11 pm

How do you raise a robot from infancy?

Simple. You just program it how you want it, including programming into it any moral code that you want it to have.