Owl City - Lucid Dreams (My version)

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Sam31
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jul 2018, 12:30 pm

It's UK Hardcore so definitely don't play it if you don't like that genre or EDM as it won't be up your street at all.

I guess that's 1 thing Aspergers has been good for. Due to no friends, isolation and so on I spent years obsessed with music production.
At 1 point I was having some label releases (The scene is small so it's not like i'm a celeb or anything).

What messed my work up though was mastering. I just couldn't fully grasp it. Also being invited to go to people's studios to collaborate. I was also offered sets in clubs to play my music out, again, couldn't do that.

Which inevitably lead to my downfall before I had even got anywhere. I fell behind, didn't learn modern production techniques and there's nothing worse than doing something, having potential and yet not being able to progress further because of health problems. Annoyed at this I packed it in, deleted my soundcloud, youtube channels, even pulled 3 of my tracks that were due to be released on an album. Stuff of mine still floats around the internet though.

So now I just occasionally produce.

Anyway...

Using FL studio with Nexus, V-station, Massive and Sylenth vst's. Kick, snare, percussion and bass samples are from Vengeance sample packs (Standard sample pack for many artists).

The vocals were acquired as part of a remix competition, which I was going to enter.... Now i'm not because my mastering is terrible.

This "master" clips (peaks too high so distorts in places) and it's on a soundcloud account I use for dumping files.

Overall, personally the production I would say is at about a semi-pro level, at least. With attention to detail put into it. I spent about 15 hours in total producing it.

SORRY FOR BUILDING IT UP.... TRIED POSTING LINK TO IT BUT POST WAS FILTERED AS I'M A NEW MEMBER. IF MOD SEE'S THIS CAN THEY ALLOW ME TO POST THE LINK UP FOR THIS? THANKS

Sam31
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jul 2018, 2:26 pm

Let's see if I can post yet the link....

Link: https://soundcloud.com/user-720809175/o ... ing-master