Ever feel like a person doesn't like you?

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Chelsie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2018, 2:38 am

Isn't it that everybody almost always behaves that way? Just tell me if I'm wrong. But I'm sure you had your moments when you see a new person, and you just don't feel like you could be friends.

Anyways, don't take it too hard. You'll be fine.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2018, 6:39 am

Another reason for the dislike some have had of me is a reason I believe many on the spectrum raise the ire of others...I am less inclined to group think and strive for honesty in my assessment of things even if those truths are unpopular.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2018, 2:16 pm

I take it back I do know of one case where I was sure someone didn't like me which happened 2 and a half years ago while riding home from a meet-up. It wasn't because I was autistic but because she didn't like it that I corrected her daughter at night. After that everytime I opened my mouth to talk to her daughter, she kept snapping at me. After that, I was never invited to any of the events because she chose to block me. I would only hear from others that they were going to her house for a party. Everyone else thought she was so nice but I saw the other side of her and think she was a jerk.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2018, 3:03 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
I take it back I do know of one case where I was sure someone didn't like me which happened 2 and a half years ago while riding home from a meet-up. It wasn't because I was autistic but because she didn't like it that I corrected her daughter at night. After that everytime I opened my mouth to talk to her daughter, she kept snapping at me. After that, I was never invited to any of the events because she chose to block me. I would only hear from others that they were going to her house for a party. Everyone else thought she was so nice but I saw the other side of her and think she was a jerk.

How did you correct her daughter?

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 7:30 am

As much as I don't this particular woman's daughter......I won't correct her. This girl could take the paint off walls with incessant yapping about all the popular people.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 9:22 am

Some people's kids are so annoying. Two of my mom's friends have really annoying kids that are full of themselves and think they are better than everyone. Luckily, my mom and I try to avoid these people as much as possible and don't actively seek to be around them. We don't have time for people who run around acting like their crap don't stink.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 10:20 am

This woman's daughter is the golden teen in our congregation. Somehow she manages to have them all snowed. Working in a junior high and a high school for many years plus my own memories of girls like her when I was a teen taught me a few things. Elaine - if you are reading this tonight....just don't give these people space in your head.

If someone wants to think they are better than me....hahaha so be it. My time is better spent around people that are not like that......

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 10:50 am

Chronos wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

In the same way that her mommy and the driver was talking to her about settling down, not singing so loudly. Also not about whining to use the bathroom every 5 minutes even after she went. I asked her nicely to stop and her mommy just lost it.

They even made me take her to use my bathroom and this woman didn't thank me or anything. Rather she snapped at me all the time and hated me.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 11:39 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

In the same way that her mommy and the driver was talking to her about settling down, not singing so loudly. Also not about whining to use the bathroom every 5 minutes even after she went. I asked her nicely to stop and her mommy just lost it.

They even made me take her to use my bathroom and this woman didn't thank me or anything. Rather she snapped at me all the time and hated me.

It sounds like the child may have had a UTI. Is it possible the mother disliked you before hand? People are often less patient and socially generous with those they dislike.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 12:08 pm

I wouldn't wish a UTI on anyone. Had one recently......having to pee every three minutes or so....plus it hurt when I did go....than having to talk about my symptoms to a male doctor.....I'm hyper vigilant about hydration! That little girl could have UTI. A kid has to pee, take their word for it. They have tiny bladders.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 12:43 pm

Chronos wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

It sounds like the child may have had a UTI. Is it possible the mother disliked you before hand? People are often less patient and socially generous with those they dislike.

When I first met that lady, I got vibes that she looked like she could be mean. When I rode up to the party, her emotions were in check and we had a nice conversation going up. Her little girl was much nicer than her mommy

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 5:11 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
This woman's daughter is the golden teen in our congregation. Somehow she manages to have them all snowed. Working in a junior high and a high school for many years plus my own memories of girls like her when I was a teen taught me a few things. Elaine - if you are reading this tonight....just don't give these people space in your head.

If someone wants to think they are better than me....hahaha so be it. My time is better spent around people that are not like that......

That girl sounds annoying af. I hope you avoid her at all costs. I don't waste my time with those annoying people. I do my own thing.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 6:02 pm

I just avoid her and her daughter. Life is too short to waste with people like that.......

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 6:17 am

In the past, some precious lil "people", appeared to me, to like me or be apathetic.

Later they turned on me

So now I get paranoid they are putting on a facade

And plotting against me

:D

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 3:34 pm

Today I was visiting my family and so was in my (old) hometown, and when I got off the bus I went into a small shop to buy some lunch. A woman was in there working at the check-out who I used to work with in my previous job (she still works there but has a second job in this shop). When I used to work with her she'd always chat away to me and was interested in what I was doing. But when I saw her today she seemed rather unfriendly to me. I thought she'd be pleased to see me (after all, it's only been 5 months so it's not like she's forgotten me). I spoke first and she said "hello Jo" but she didn't ask how I was getting on or anything. I asked her how she was and she said "fine", then she asked "can I help you with anything?" in a matter-of-fact way. That made me feel awkward, as I assumed she'd chat, not treat me as a stranger. I just asked for a sandwich, and as I was paying I asked her if she was still working at the other place, and she said yes. Then when I left the shop she didn't even say goodbye. I was literally the only customer in the shop at the time, and it isn't a busy shop anyway, and the check-out girls in there always chat away to customers who do go in there, and this woman used to always chat to me when I went in there. But today she just seemed like she didn't like me any more. When I see other ex-colleagues, they always come up to me and ask how I'm getting on, but this woman seemed like she didn't want to go out of her way to even make small talk with me. I then started to question myself, wondering if it was something I had said or done. But I think it was just her. Maybe she only likes contact with local people. But I still think that's a bit unfriendly, because most NTs like to chat to a person they know well but haven't seen in a while. It's not abnormal.

Oh, well.