What is your favorite pokemon game?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which is your favorite portable pokemon game?
Red and Blue 22%  22%  [ 7 ]
Yellow 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Gold and Silver 38%  38%  [ 12 ]
Crystal 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Ruby and Sapphire 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Leaf Green and Fire Red 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 32

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 9:35 pm

Haven`t played Diamond and Pearl yet. Ehat is it like.

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2007, 3:23 pm

it's pretty good, but I couldn't imagine playing it at normal speed because the gameplay is so slow... still great game with the online stuff...

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 3:04 pm

I do think that there will be one or two games before the genre gets old, because now there are 493 Pokémon compared to 151 in the first game. Soon there may be 1000, which is too many Pokémon. Who knows, they may start another series that is very similar to Pokémon?

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 5:27 pm

I liked Gold/Silver, but that doesn't really count as it was my first Pokemon game and I've only made it through the first few hours of the other ones - even the DS one which has a fair few small improvements in it. I think they're all a bit too similar to each other. The series is due for a total reinvention ala Resident Evil 4, especially since its major platform is now the DS and has lots of room for new ideas.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 8:17 pm

Yellow.

Only because I bonded with the Pokémon I caught so extremely that I couldn't put it down.

It was like they were real pets.

Jeez I'm a freak....

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 2:53 am

TheAPERSON wrote:
Oh, and to do the é in Pokémon just hold down Alt and type on the Numpad, 1 3 0 (make sure Num Lock is on)

Or you could just do Ctrl + Alt + e.

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

11 Jan 2019, 3:46 pm

My favorite games are Gold, Silver and Crystal. Mostly because of the cool Pokemon and awesome 8 bit soundtrack 8) 8)

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 3:55 pm

For me it's Leaf Green, but I also liked Yellow and Red.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 4:10 pm

In the poll: Crystal

Overall: Toss up between USUM and HGSS, and ORAS

I've loved every single generation

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Feb 2019, 8:08 am

I'm not sure I can vote in this poll sense the only one I play is Yellow. I play it on comp with an emulator & am able to go into the Red & Blue games to catch the Pokemon I need by renaming the save game file. I also have an emulator that allows me to trade Pokemon so I can evolve the 1s that evolve by trading, I could clone Eve, & get Hitmonchan & Hitmonlee by copying my save game file, then grabbing a different one in each game & then trading one of em. I used a cheat to catch Mew too but since Mew is a bonus Pokemon I'm not really supposed to have, I only use it when leveling others up. I won't use Mew for trainer battles in the game.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 3:03 pm

My favorite would have to be Ruby & Sapphire. It will always hold a special place in my heart because me and my brother would play it together(well not "together" but on different GBA's and pretend that we were.) We would go around finding all the bases and make homes in them, we played around riding our bikes, we fought Groundon and Kyogre together, found Rayquaza, the three Regi's.

It introduced Mudkip, oh yeah the contest thing(don't remember what's it called) and the very first dragon Pokemon that I actually liked being Salamance(I don't hate other dragons it's just that they were overused, I'm looking at you Dragonite!) So yeah, Ruby & Sapphire has sentimental value to me. :D

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Ragnorrak
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jan 2023, 11:41 pm

I'd say Gen 1 is only worthwhile for nostalgia. Because, in comparison to any other title after them, it doesn't really excel in any area. And neither FireRed nor LeafGreen are significantly better than the other Gen 3 titles.

Pokemon crystal/Eevee includes a number of improvements as well as the best riding/following pokémon system to date.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Jan 2023, 6:23 pm

I still only ever played the 1st gen & I'm wondering what gen games to play next if I get around to playing another. I really like the old-skew gameplay, look & feel of Yellow but I don't wanna feel like I'm playing another gen 1 game with most of the same Pokemon learning the same moves. Does anyone have a gen recomendation :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sigi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Feb 2023, 4:26 pm

Leafgreen/ruby as they came out around the same time and I had both. I had a friend who got me back into the series then and had my first handheld system.

Diamond would be my favourite as at the time there was a big pokemon resurgence and I had people to play and trade with (trading was easier than ever with the DS).You could also import pokemon from the GBA games so it was pretty close to 'catch em all' Now though a lot of those features would be obsolete

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Mar 2023, 6:05 pm

deep-techno wrote:
I do think that there will be one or two games before the genre gets old, because now there are 493 Pokémon compared to 151 in the first game. Soon there may be 1000, which is too many Pokémon. Who knows, they may start another series that is very similar to Pokémon?

imaging 1000 shinys. wait some pokemon dont have shinys right? like hacked ones

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Mar 2023, 6:07 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
My favorite would have to be Ruby & Sapphire. It will always hold a special place in my heart because me and my brother would play it together(well not "together" but on different GBA's and pretend that we were.) We would go around finding all the bases and make homes in them, we played around riding our bikes, we fought Groundon and Kyogre together, found Rayquaza, the three Regi's.

It introduced Mudkip, oh yeah the contest thing(don't remember what's it called) and the very first dragon Pokemon that I actually liked being Salamance(I don't hate other dragons it's just that they were overused, I'm looking at you Dragonite!) So yeah, Ruby & Sapphire has sentimental value to me. :D

you make me want to dig out my ds and 3ds right now!