Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 2:14 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Snape, because he's THE MAN.

I like also Voldemort but only in one very long fanfic where Voldy decided to take little Harry and bring him up as his son, showing him the dark side of power and teaching him Black Magic. :twisted:

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 2:59 pm

Right now, my favourite superhero is Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man. I like the way that he can literally be all things to all people because of his powers (to duplicate himself), an ability I'd kill for.

My affection for Spider-Man has diminished exponentially since Marvel seems intent on destroying his marriage and tearing out one of the most appealling things about the character (that even the dorky, insecure, nerdy guy can get the girl in the end)...

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2007, 10:57 pm

Ghost Rider. Not only does his biker leathers and flaming skull make him look awesome, but he has the ability to to turn the most cruel, ruthless and fearless characters into a sobbing mess by looking into their eyes.

Woman
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2007, 10:47 am

SoccerFreak wrote:
Spider Pig! Spider Pig! Does whatever a Spider Pig does!

and plus he's so cute and chubby!

Thats Hysterical! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woman
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2007, 10:50 am

I always liked Wonderwoman. I was her for Halloween in Kindergarten. I like her head piece, hot boots, & she has great hair. Plus she's one tough broad! :D

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 11:16 am

MrSinister wrote:
My affection for Spider-Man has diminished exponentially since Marvel seems intent on destroying his marriage and tearing out one of the most appealling things about the character (that even the dorky, insecure, nerdy guy can get the girl in the end)...

Actually, that was a short-lived storyline - originally, when Kevin Smith was being signed to do a Black Cat limited series, the Marvel Powers That Be were going to go with the temporary split between Peter and MJ, so Smith could script their rejoining. However, a) J. Michael Straczinsky, who is head writer for "Amazing Spider-Man", had a great idea for the story (it ended with MJ and Aunt May each finding out for the first time that the other one knew Peter's big secret), and b) Smith was caught up in a whole other storyline, so Joe S. got to do it.

The current storyline features May in the hospital, barely clinging to life, after being shot by a sniper in the employ of Wilton Fisk (who had been aiming for MJ), MJ standing vigil in the hospital and spending the money she earned as an actress as if it were water, and Peter starting to slide toward the dark side as he seeks revenge... (Oh, yeah, and last I saw, he was still persona non grata amongst the aboveground hero community, since he fought against Registration, and I don't think he fought in World War Hulk, where most of the underground types won a pardon for their refusal to register. Still have to check the WWH tie-ins for that one.) However, Peter and MJ's marriage is as strong as ever.

I do like Spider-Man (mostly, I think, for the sense of responsibility), but I have to confess a great weakness for the third Green Lantern of Earth, John Stewart. He's a second-stringer, he knows it, and he's comfortable with it. Well, that and he wields what amounts to a magic ring, that can do anything he can imagine, as long as he wants it badly enough...

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 6:27 pm

rorschach, because he doesnt compromise being himself.
the comedian, becasue he got the joke and played along.

less focussed on comics: sherlock holmes

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 7:58 am

DeaconBlues wrote:
The current storyline features May in the hospital, barely clinging to life, after being shot by a sniper in the employ of Wilton Fisk (who had been aiming for MJ), MJ standing vigil in the hospital and spending the money she earned as an actress as if it were water, and Peter starting to slide toward the dark side as he seeks revenge... (Oh, yeah, and last I saw, he was still persona non grata amongst the aboveground hero community, since he fought against Registration, and I don't think he fought in World War Hulk, where most of the underground types won a pardon for their refusal to register. Still have to check the WWH tie-ins for that one.) However, Peter and MJ's marriage is as strong as ever.

An issue solicit for an upcoming issue of Amazing Spider-Man used the phrase "crackin' wise, can't get a date, New York Spider-Man". I suspect this means that Joe Quesada has finally got his wish, and Peter Parker is no longer Mr Mary-Jane Watson :(

I'm so glad I dropped the Spider-Books months ago...

DeaconBlues wrote:
I do like Spider-Man (mostly, I think, for the sense of responsibility), but I have to confess a great weakness for the third Green Lantern of Earth, John Stewart. He's a second-stringer, he knows it, and he's comfortable with it. Well, that and he wields what amounts to a magic ring, that can do anything he can imagine, as long as he wants it badly enough...

That, and he has a kick-ass oath to go with it.

In brightest day
In darkest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power: Green Lantern's light!

John Stewart (and Kyle Rayner, too, for that matter) always appealed to me more than Hal Jordan. Mostly because they didn't go insane and destroy the universe, and stuff :)

Phantasmagoric
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2007, 8:32 am

Batman, because he doesn't have any exaggerated scientific or magical powers, or a specific exploitable weakness like Kryptonite, (available at a science store near you! (in the form of condensed krypton fluoride alloy with some other solid stuff thrown in! (it's not really green! (seriously!))))but doesn't just use conventional means like axes, and is more logical than many of the others.