Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

toffee
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jul 2005, 6:41 am

I am from England and Greece and all of my relatives and ancestry are Greek rather than British.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2005, 9:50 am

That's interesting. :)

I don't have any Greek ancestry (to my knowledge), but my first name, Luke, is of Greek origin.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2005, 8:08 pm

I don't have any Greek ancestry; but I do have German, Irish, English, Cherokee, and French ancestry. I've always sometimes wondered how I can't have Italian ancestry since I like pizza and pasta so much.

I have only recently discovered the meaning of my last name, on a related note. It means man of the willow.

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2005, 10:45 pm

A lot of people who hear my last name for the first time (well, my birth name) think it's Greek - it almost sounds like it could be. I've also been mistaken for Armenian once or twice. The name's Hungarian, but there's a lot of Irish and Slovak, and even some Native Indian American in the pot.

-Your multicultural Zed

toffee
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jul 2005, 5:10 am

I like my nationality being English or British but I would'nt rather have another nationality other than my own. My first name is Constant or Constance.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 8:15 pm

I'm half German, the other being half English, Irish, Scotch, Welsh, Native American, and French, in various proportions of ancestry.
Hubby is half Scotch, half S.African English.

Katze
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Aug 2005, 9:25 pm

YASSU!

My Father was Greek, my Mother Viennese, but regretfully I don't speka da Greek.

Katze

TaliDaRadical
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2005, 1:50 am

I'm not Greek, but Greek culture is great! Baklava is the best food ever, and Greek kids (in my school at least) are generally totally stylish.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 1:55 am

Cindy wrote:
I'm half German, the other being half English, Irish, Scotch, Welsh, Native American, and French, in various proportions of ancestry.
Hubby is half Scotch, half S.African English.

eek! "scots", Cindy, "scots" ! ! (scots people will tell you that "scotch" refers to whisky, salmon and eggs, not people).