Who you have sex with 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Both 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
None/other 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 34

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 7:20 pm

That stuff that Hadron posted, obviously used by anti-gay groups to attack them, but I really don't know the truth nature of that statistical thing, or what Kurt Freund really tried to do, I just know he did make a study about sexual orientation.

I also notice that the statistic is outdated, it is from the 1980's, so today it wouldn't mean a thing actually. Sorry Hadron.

It's curious that I found something about Freund on wikipedia, and that makes me wonder about the statistical stuff actually :?

Quote:
His empirical data also showed some of the first evidence that sexual orientation conversion therapy was generally futile. He demonstrated that even homosexually oriented men who appeared to have given up sexual relations with other men and established heterosexual marriages were still aroused by images of men rather than women. He also challenged contemporary psychoanalytic theories of homosexuality that suggested it was due to a fear or aversion to women; instead, his objective measures showed that homosexual men simply lacked erotic interest in females. Based on these studies, he advocated the decriminalization of homosexuality in Czechoslovakia (which took place in 1961) and the end of conversion therapy. These opinions also put him out of favor with the psychoanalytically dominated psychiatric establishment in Toronto, as he continued to argue that homosexuals needed understanding and acceptance rather than treatment.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 8:10 pm

Hadron wrote:
I didnt make any point. I just posted the article, to see what people would make of it. Predictably, Sopho refused to read it.

ugh

well, then...

what do you think about it?

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 8:12 pm

Sedaka wrote:

My guess would be that 'twas too long
to read.

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 8:12 pm

Sedaka wrote:
Hadron wrote:
I didnt make any point. I just posted the article, to see what people would make of it. Predictably, Sopho refused to read it.

ugh

well, then...

I havent. I just dragged the nearest article off a google search.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 8:15 pm

:P

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 8:16 pm

Hadron wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
Hadron wrote:

ugh

well, then...

well, Nice work then...

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 9:50 pm

Hadron wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
Hadron wrote:

ugh

well, then...

well jeebus...

take 2 min and read it ffs...............

you're pointless

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

michel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 10:23 pm

Of course, it's all about attraction, not who you have sex with. I'm a gay man, yet I've had sex with women even though I wasn't sexually attracted to them. I liked them but they were very attracted to me, and I wanted to please them and feel normal.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2007, 2:45 am

Hadron wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
Hadron wrote:

ugh

well, then...

LOL

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2007, 6:33 pm

Sedaka wrote:
you seem to be held together with silly string and chewing gum....

I actually like this definition. :P I had to go back and quote it. You're starting to understand me.
Sedaka wrote:
it's obvious you use a lot of imagination in anything you do... as you have a transient grasp on reality

Again, thank you! The world is always surreal from my perspective -- like I'm swooping down on it and back up into the sky. That's why I never took mind-altering drugs as a teen -- my brain alters itself continually. Can be both fun and dangerous...
But such transient perspectives help me greatly in my creative thought process, such as when writing music. I can look at or listen to something stupidly-simple a thousand times, and experience it differently every time. I also play the same songs over and over on the piano, but improvise changes every time.
As a child, I played the same record over and over for years. And now I have it on my ipod, and it's STILL new and alive to me! :)

Of course, it also means I shift in and out of personalities, even though they're all connected by a thread of awareness.