Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 12:25 am

For as long as I can remember I'm excellent at analyzing the way that people behave in certain situations, and predicting what they'll do next. I think I'd make a very good crime scene profiler. I love forensics, and putting together a puzzle from a few facts that most people would overlook. I can tell what kind of person someone is by putting together their words, and actions combined with the specific situation they were used in. This is one of the reasons that make me doubt that I have AS, but here's the catch: I cannot do it intuitively, or socially. I can only do it as an observer using only my logic, and reasoning. If I'm in a social situation I can't read a person very well at all. I can't tell if someone is just making small talk out of politeness, if they're lying to me, if they like me, ect... I may be able to tell later on when I'm alone, and I can break down the situation into logical sequences, but not at the time I'm expected to react. I hope that I'm making sense. I'm wondering if any of you experience this?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 12:59 am

Absolutely,
I am an insurance claims investigator in subrogation and other peoples liability. One of my favorite responses from a man perpetrating a fraud was 'Lady, you asked me so many questions I thought my ears were bleeding!"and sure enough, I lanced him from so many directions he could not keep up his story.

We have excellent skills and traits and if motivated and guided can have fine careers in things we do best.

Merle