What part is AS and what part is trauma?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

criss
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2007, 12:50 am

Thank you so much everybody for your contributions, I feel so much more connected to the world knowing i am not alone with this struggle, If you were all in London, I would suggest we all get together and form a support group.

I have been composing a letter to a Christian publication with re my journey to diagnoses, which I have called 'Stations to Diagnoses' The reason I have used the structure of the Stations of the Cross, is that I feel it is a near perfect imagery for non-AS people to enter into the suffering and courage it takes to travel through life for many people with AS.

In the case of Jesus as with many people like myself with AS, we can be condemned, not for our 'difference', but by others indifference to our way of being that seems not of this world.

much peace and love to you all from London
chris

"We are here on earth for a little space to learn to bear the beams of love." (William Blake)

Thank God for science, but feed me poetry please, as I am one that desires the meal & not the menu. (My own)

Marrshu
Raven
Raven

15 Aug 2007, 2:50 am

I'm still not sure which part of my childhood caused or was caused by which of my three disorders (Autism, Gender Identity Disorder, Multiple Personalities...)

SapphoWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2007, 12:43 pm

criss wrote:
In the case of Jesus as with many people like myself with AS, we can be condemned, not for our 'difference', but by others indifference to our way of being that seems not of this world.

Interesting point! I've already commented, in another post, that maybe Jesus himself had AS, since he didn't regard rules about the social hierarchy... and believed that everyone deserves love, whether or not they are rich, educated, a particular race, etc.

By the way, I am reading Henri Nouwen's writing (Seeds of Hope), and he says something like this (I am paraphrasing): "The people who are not of this world are the ones who can do the most to bring peace to the world."

Good luck on your article. Sounds very interesting!