Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

21 Aug 2007, 3:43 pm

I like Round Table Pizza.

I wish they had a greek pizza though. Nobody ever wants to go with me to where they sell that stuff. Mmm, feta cheese and kalamata olives... :heart:

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 4:38 pm

Jerry's Subs & Pizza use to be my favorite, due to the fact that their pizzas had the best sauce (at least the ones local to me did) - with tomatoes that had the consistancy of crushed ice (that's as close as I can describe it right now). Sauce is the key ingredient for a pizza. Without sauce, it's not a pizza, it's a sandwich. I even ask for extra sauce. Second favorite was Pizza Hut. I never saw anything special in the pizzas from Dominos or Papa John's, personally.

Within the past few years, I have switched to eating only whole-grain products, so most pizza is out. I've tried Zpizza whole-grain pizzas, but they're expensive and not really to my liking (not enough sauce! And the crust was soggy on the bottom). Are there any fans of whole-grain here that can suggest a good pizza that might fit my preference?

Last edited by Flismflop on 21 Aug 2007, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheTraditionalFrog
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2007, 4:49 pm

Personally I'm not overly fond of pizza. I don't dislike it, but it is not my favourite.

I feel pizza is way over rated.

However, on the rare occasions I order a pizza I usually go to Pizza Hut.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 5:07 pm

Upper Crust :D They used to make s**t pizza but now its awesome. Btw, Pizza is the best food in the world, so it should be capitalized :P

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 7:48 pm

Stark Street Pizza in SE Portland, OR. Right next to a 24 Hour Fitness. True story-look it up. LOL
The crust is the best! Sorry, let me clean the drool up.

Last edited by whiteskunk on 22 Aug 2007, 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ainvar
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2007, 8:57 pm

Oh oh oh!!

THE best pizza place ever...is in Asheville, NC...

They call it the "Asheville Pizza & Brewing Co." and it's the most magical pizzeria around! They have an arcade room (full of awesome video arcade machines and pinball machines, with cartoons playing on a projector in the background) and a theater room ($2 a show!), and in the midst of all of this they have the tastiest pizza, ice cream, and beer (which they brew themselves).

It is truly god's country. All must go and see it!!

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 9:19 pm

its a toss up between Bj's brewhouse and Hideaway pizza. Both have irresistable crust, but both are completely different styles of pizza. chicago, and Oklahoma.

SusyQ
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2007, 10:09 pm

My favorite pizza is the homemade kind using my Mom's recipe. :) It's so-o-o good, and more filling than any you can buy. Even better is that if we have to or feel like it, we can tweak the recipe to fit our need/desire. No sausage? Hamburger works just as well. Not enough hamburger or sausage? Bratwurst, ham and other meat will stretch it out.
Aside from Mom's pizza..Little Cesar's and Papa John's are good. So is Oley's, a local pizzeria. One piece of the their stuffed crust pizza will fill you up!
Still...given the choice of pizzas, homemade wins hands down. Not only because of the taste, but because of the intense satisfaction of having made it myself..or in a team with my Mom :)

300series
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 6:50 pm

Most of the time, whenever I go out for pizza, I go to either Pizza Hut or Round Table Pizza. Sometimes, I also eat at Little Caesar's Pizza or Domino's Pizza. Another pizza restaurant I like is a small, local chain called Filippi's Pizza Grotto.