Aspergers and social anxiety disorder- PLEASE HELP ME!! !! !! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

RRguy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Aug 2007, 8:37 am

Hi everyone, I am an aspie with severe social anxiety. In classrooms, my face goes red easilly and my throat cramps up. My social anxiety comes from my low self-esteem from being made fun of and being alienated my whole schooling career. People tell me im slow, or stupid, my voice sounds strange, i have weird posture, i walk awkwardly(like im stiff, whatever that means), my jokes are cheesy or I am cheesy,i need to get a life, when i talk my mouth slopes at an angle, im a fag, im a nerd, im skinny and weak, etc. I feel like everyone is judjing me. I have NO friends at all,and I try so hard to fit in. I feel like im treading water. Right now I will be entering my sophomore year at high school, and im sick of this crap happening every single friggin year. School starts in 5 friggin days and it will be a fresh new year. I want some advice ASAP! Thanks very much!! !! !! !! !! !! !

Last edited by RRguy on 23 Aug 2007, 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

23 Aug 2007, 8:45 am

RRguy wrote:
Hi everyone, I am an aspie with severe social anxiety. In classrooms, my face goes red super easy and my throat cramps up.

What do you mean by "throat cramps up"? Does it become hard to breath or are you aware your breathing is heavy?

Saibotty
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Aug 2007, 9:03 am

antidepressants like paroxetine do help a little with that.

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 10:54 am

Fluoxetine, Xanax and Oxazepam can help.

But also you should not tolerate that kind of behaviour.

You should speak to a senior person within your school and explain that you have a health condition that, technically, fits the legal description of a disability.
Therefore, they have to make reasonable adjustments for you to help you and also you have to make sure that they are aware that you are picked on and that they do something about it.

Are there any bullying support groups in your area? Perhaps they could help.

You have every right to walk as you please - if people pick on you that just shows that they are pretty bad people and have a lot less right to be on this earth than you.
If it gets really bad, maybe take some legal advice.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 10:57 am

I think I understand the 'throat cramps up' thing. If it's the same thing I get, then it's very frustrating. I don't know how to solve that one in particular, but anxiety in general can be helped with meds, if you're OK with trying them.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 11:00 am

Oh and I had the 'stupid and slow' crap from everyone in school for five years as well. Because whenever I was asked a question, even if I knew it, I just wouldn't answer because I'd panic. It made me kinda depressed really, but I've now got over it and realised that it was actually the people doing that who were stupid. You don't wanna be friends with people like that if they treat you that way.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

23 Aug 2007, 11:05 am

Sopho wrote:
I think I understand the 'throat cramps up' thing. If it's the same thing I get, then it's very frustrating. I don't know how to solve that one in particular, but anxiety in general can be helped with meds, if you're OK with trying them.

Yeah thats what I was probing at he is having major panic attacks I
think. That indicate off the chart anxiety he needs treatment for.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 11:36 am

TheMachine1 wrote:
Sopho wrote:

Yeah thats what I was probing at he is having major panic attacks I
think. That indicate off the chart anxiety he needs treatment for.

Yeah, my social anxiety is very bad and, although I can put in effort myself, there's only so much you can do on your own. And counseling didn't work for me, yet medication did help.

Witt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Aug 2007, 2:15 am

RRguy wrote:
Hi everyone, I am an aspie with severe social anxiety. In classrooms, my face goes red easilly and my throat cramps up. My social anxiety comes from my low self-esteem from being made fun of and being alienated my whole schooling career. People tell me im slow, or stupid, my voice sounds strange, i have weird posture, i walk awkwardly(like im stiff, whatever that means), my jokes are cheesy or I am cheesy,i need to get a life, when i talk my mouth slopes at an angle, im a fag, im a nerd, im skinny and weak, etc. I feel like everyone is judjing me. I have NO friends at all,and I try so hard to fit in. I feel like im treading water. Right now I will be entering my sophomore year at high school, and im sick of this crap happening every single friggin year. School starts in 5 friggin days and it will be a fresh new year. I want some advice ASAP! Thanks very much!! !! !! !! !! !! !

Well this pretty much summarize my high school days... :x