Page 5 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 9:48 am

Dunwich wrote:
Is this dumb movie really worth any sort of discussion about actual religion? It looks to me like another cookie cutter product churned out by a corporate machine that considers "christian" to be a demographic with predictable, knee-jerk reactions to anything with that word attached as an adjective. I expect we'll see an ad campaign for "christian brake-fluid" and "christian suppositories" before too long, and I'd like to think that if I were a christian, I'd be horribly insulted by this cheapening of my faith.

This is not a "hollywood'' movie at all. It is a small independent film and is not the type of movie hollywood be interested in making. It's more like the antithesis of a big hollywood movie.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 9:55 am

rdos wrote:
TheMachine1 wrote:
http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~raine/spqrel.html
http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~raine/spq.htm

I think its public domain. 0_equals_true and I merely made a javascript version that would score itself and I decided it needed and in between and unsure option.

OK, it looked "professional" in some respects. Some of the paranormal questions also seemed a little weird and judgemental.

I think I will use it in the same way I used the AQ-test. I'll let interested people do the full test, give them the score, and in the evaluation I can "steal" any question that is interesting for the ordinary part of Aspie-quiz :twisted:

This will also be an opportunity to show (in a different way) that SPD is related to ASDs and Aspie-quiz score.

And now atheists are trying to portray ppl who believe in god as not only dumb but crazy too :roll: There is no research or statistics or studies to prove ppl who are religious are more likely to be insane or unintelligent or uneducated than athesists are.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:22 am

thyme wrote:
And now atheists are trying to portray ppl who believe in god as not only dumb but crazy too :roll: There is no research or statistics or studies to prove ppl who are religious are more likely to be insane or unintelligent or uneducated than athesists are.

I agree, and the atheist Aspies aren't the norm either. 8)

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:41 am

I find this YouTube video very insulting (its implication: We are special messengers to all the real human beings out there). I am glad my brain isn't wired for religion.

By the way, YouTube videos that are all text should be replaced with plain-text webpages which can be read a lot faster and without the accompaniment of lame New Agey music.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

02 Sep 2007, 1:02 pm

thyme wrote:
And now atheists are trying to portray ppl who believe in god as not only dumb but crazy too :roll: There is no research or statistics or studies to prove ppl who are religious are more likely to be insane or unintelligent or uneducated than atheists are.

Its a matter of point of view. If your religious then scoring high on the paranormal aspect of a schizotypal personality test suggest your a very spiritual person. If your an atheist it suggest you have
neurological features that may make people feel more spiritual. Its not a slam on religion. If there was science that could refute real spirituality or prove it we would not have any debates anyway.
In the scheme of things the questions on the schizotypal personality test are merely refinements on the broader question: "Do you experience spirituality?".

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 1:57 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
I find this YouTube video very insulting (its implication: We are special messengers to all the real human beings out there). I am glad my brain isn't wired for religion.

By the way, YouTube videos that are all text should be replaced with plain-text webpages which can be read a lot faster and without the accompaniment of lame New Agey music.

Some people like new agey music.