Where, when and how were you born?

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

20 Dec 2008, 9:20 pm

I was born at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Portland, Oregon on July 18th 1985 at 3:24 in the morning. I weighed 8 lbs and 8oz. according to my baby book and I was 21 inches. My mother was in labor with me for 48 hours before my head finally came out on Thursday morning and then the rest of my body. I was a very sick baby and had to have a oxygen mask be put over my nose and mouth. I was in the hospital for five days according to my baby book.
I was two weeks late and I got stuck during my delivery.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 11:24 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I was born at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Portland, Oregon on July 18th 1985 at 3:24 in the morning. I weighed 8 lbs and 8oz. according to my baby book and I was 21 inches. My mother was in labor with me for 48 hours before my head finally came out on Thursday morning and then the rest of my body. I was a very sick baby and had to have a oxygen mask be put over my nose and mouth. I was in the hospital for five days according to my baby book.
I was two weeks late and I got stuck during my delivery.

Your birthday is the same as my mom's.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 12:56 am

As a childbirth aficionado, I must say that the "pliers" and "tongs" you speak of are actually called "forceps".

Believe it or not, I was born on 11:11 PM on November 11. It is a fact that my parents delight in. The city was Twin Falls, Idaho; and I had a normal delivery.

-gemma-1990-
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Dec 2008, 7:37 am

i was born on 2nd august 1990 at 6.28am in treliske hospital(now known as the royal cornwall hospital) in the UK. i was a week late.
i was born with loose limbs, and something else that caused me to be braced up from the waist down for, like, the first 3 years of my life untill i eventually(and reluctantly) started learning to walk, which took me until i was about 4 and a half. i was delivered by cezaerean

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Dec 2008, 8:08 am

June 6th 1996 8pm+-10 min(6/6/96 lol) at Detroit medical center by emergency c-section. I was then put into intensive care for 2 weeks ad sent home afterward

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 9:56 am

I was born on the 10th of September 1990 (10/9/1990) in a hospital in Townsville, Queensland Australia, and apparently I was quite small, and could be dressed in doll clothes, well now I am quite tall. Also something I found intersting is 10 (day) plus 9(month) = 19, and 10 times 9 = 90.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

21 Dec 2008, 10:58 am

i was born by emergency c-section june 29th 1980 in reno nevada at 11:29 pm

Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 11:22 am

I was born March 21st, 1990, I was a rather large baby and needed a C-Section. I was born at swedish hospital in downtown seattle at 7:47 pm (my mom still calls me every march 21st at 7:47) I don't think I had any significant birth issues.

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2008, 2:57 am

Ana54 wrote:
could AS be due to oxygen deprivation?

I've read in a college textbook that it could be a posibility.

About me. I was born in Russia in August 22, 1989.

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2008, 4:04 am

I was born in Aix-en-Provence, France.
At 2:31 AM.
On a night of full moon(well I don't care but my mother always says it)
Normal birth, except I had a big head and they had to pull me with a forceps....

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 6:26 am

I was born in Columbia SC, approximately 1 month premature at 3:15PM on February 22, 1967. I was almost delivered in the passenger seat of the Triumph TR3 that my dad owned at the time, in the hospital parking lot.

LazySlacker
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 6:41 am

I was born at Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring on Friday May 25, 1990 around 3:18 PM. I had to stay at the hospital for a few days to remove most of my blood from my body. Turns out that the O type blood of my mother was incompatible with my body and made me sick.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 7:40 am

i was born on 29 feb 1972 in a city called "Katrineholm" that is in in Sweden.

my father was 19 years old and my mother was 15 years old.
my mother was studying in a conservatorium of musical studies at the time, and my father was studying medicine at a university.

when my mother went into labor, my father took her to hospital rapidly on his motor bike.
they never made it, and i was born before my mother died so i am not organically damaged by anoxic experiences etc.
my mother died after giving birth to me.
my father died before i was born. i had no other real relatives because all parents of my parents were also dead (what a bleak situation)

so i went into an orphanage in sweden, and my step parents that came from australia wanted to adopt a boy (because they had 3 girls and my step mother then had to have a hysterectomy) , but they did not want to adopt a boy that would ever be able to trace his roots. they decided to adopt from outside australia.

so the "international red cross" had me on their books as an orphan in need of parentage.

my parents secured me for adoption (they were very successful and kind of impressive to the swedish authorities)

i was about 4 weeks old when i arrived in australia, so i have no accent or much knowelege about where i originated from. i am not interested.

i did not know i was adopted until the age of 15.

my family wanted to keep it a secret, and i never guessed.

but at 15, i was in a psychiatric institution, and the psychiatrist i had (dr russel white) thought that i may behave as i do because i knew i was adopted.

he was wrong, but he summoned my father and mother to a meeting where he thought he would expose the reason for my severe behaviours with his hypothesis that i always knew i was not really related to my family, and that was the reason i never gelled with them.

when we were at the meeting, it seemed grave because i did not know what was going to happen, and i never dreamed i was adopted.

then the doctor said to me: mark i have some very serious news for you.

i went into a meltdown immediately because i thought he was going to say my father (who i believed then, and still "feel" is my real father) was going to die.

when he told me that that was not the case, i calmed slightly and he told me i was adopted.

that was such a relief to me that my father (the one i loved and not my real one who died) was not going to die.

i was elated that the meeting just revealed that my genes are my own story which will never be told.

the reason i know the scant information about my real parents is because the special school i was in found an officer of the international red cross and tried to find as much out about me as they could.

then they told me.

i could not care less.
i am here and however i got here i do not care.

just think........your fathers load of sperm maybe had 20 million sperm cells in it, all swimming frantically toward the egg.
a race with 20 million contestants is hard to win.

if the sex cell from your father that is the father of your design did not win the seminal race, then you are not born.

if any other sperm cell in your fathers ejaculate fertilized your mothers egg, then a different person than you would have been born in your place.

so no matter how feeble anyone may feel that they are, it is the case that an almost infinite number of variable circumstances all happened in the eternal past that all fitted correctly to create YOU at the end of the line.

so the chain of good luck through the eons of time means that here you are in your healthy state(albeit temporary).

if one single aspect of eternal history was altered, you would not exist.

how very astronomically incalculable is the luck that you are alive and conscious?

it is hard to comprehend.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 7:46 am

I was born on February 19th 1983 in Hillsboro, OR. I was born by c-section and the cord was wrapped around my neck. I'm just ancient! I remember when I was your age......

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 9:33 am

I was born in may, 1991, in woodland hills California. I think it was 6:30 in the morning. I honestly did not want to come out. The doctors and such freaked out, because when i was coming out, in the birth canal, i decided i'd somehow get myself back into that nice, safe womb.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 10:04 am

^
:D

Born in Aalsmeer, approx. 20 kms under Amsterdam in the night 23/24 of August 1970. Between 3 and 4 in the morning I decided to take my changes. 8O There was a complication (fixed right after birth) but the labor process was quite short, I heard.