Where, when and how were you born?

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 2:10 am

Ana just an FYI - jaundice is not a disease. A large percentage of babies are born with jaundice or get it in the first week of life. Jaundice just means the baby has yellow skin from a buildup of Bilirubin in the bloodstream. Bilirubin is produced by the normal break down of red blood cells and jaundice occurs when the liver can't filter out the Bilirubin fast enough. In hospitals they use a special light they refer to as "Bili lights" to shine on the baby several hours a day which somehow breaks down the bilirubin. I was a volunteer for awhile in the preemie ICU is how I know. They all the time had babies under the lights. It was really cute. They have special preemie sized sunshades they put on their eyes so the light doesn't bother them and so they can nap in the light.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 4:22 am

30/06/81; a giant albino head with a "normal" body out West [of Brisbane] at the Charleville hospital, supposedly. Charleville is the gateway to the desert. I took over the Kangaroo's bedroom. I really cannot recall anything 'bout it other than that the birth was far easier with me than my sister.

First sign of autism was when I had to go to the hospital at an age of several months for a respiratory infection: I wouldn't allow my mother to leave me, as in I physically wouldn't let go of her (the super autie strength that shows when I'm completely uncomfortable with the situation) -- I was screaming like a banshee too ('...this is a weird kid,' the nurses said). I was up and walking at 9 months.

Naturally, I was a man of few words.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 7:38 am

I was born on 27th January 1984 (39th anniversary of Auschwitz concentration camp liberation :twisted: ) in this city :) My birth was, I can say, a normal birth - without complications and so on. My mother's labour lasted only seven hours what isn't a long time for a woman giving birth for the first time. I was born ten minutes before midnight.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 3:06 pm

Hope this works.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 3:29 pm

I was born In Woodland Hills. Caliiiifornia. 1991.

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 5:37 pm

I have no idea, been told it was 4-16-1959 in a new haven CT. hospital.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 8:01 pm

Stoke on Trent City General Hospital, 20th August 1990.

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 1:08 pm

Anubis wrote:

a few months younger than my brother, same hospital too...

Prudence
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2007, 5:14 pm

Though I'm not giving out the year, I was born precisely two months too early on January 17th. Germany was my country of birth, although I have citizenship in both Germany and the United States. I was a very cheap baby. In fact, I was predicted to be mentally ret*d and offered to be thrown away. I have spent the majority of my life attempting to prove the doctors wrong.

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 6:00 pm

I was born on Sunday, February 26th, 1984, at around 9:00PM, in a maternity ward about a quarter of a mile away from Bletchley Park, where the Bombe and the famous Lorenz codebreaking computer, The Colossus, were used to decrypt German signals. I'm sure the birth went without any major problems.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 6:03 pm

I was born on the 22nd December 1979 in Beckenham, Kent. I should have been a January baby, apparently, but I obviously decided to make an early appearance. Right from the word go, however, I was a very sick little boy, since I needed surgery at seven weeks old (I had quite severe water on the brain when I was born, and to this day I still have pockets of fluid in my brain itself). My mother has told me on several occasions how she went to pieces when she heard me screaming after the operation - at which point the nurses had to reassure her that me making that kind of racket was a good thing, because it meant I was alive.

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 6:04 pm

15th december 1979, caerphilly miners hospital, south wales :P

Deefor4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Sep 2007, 1:57 am

Ana54 wrote:
I'm noticing a pattern in this. Some of you were late coming out, and the rest had other suffocation issues, like the cord being wrapped around them... could AS be due to oxygen deprivation?

I've wondered if there's some connection with difficult birth, as well. I was born on October 31st 1961 in hospital at Chatham, Kent, although my mother had actually gone into labour on the 28th. Eventually I was a forceps delivery, and apparently when my Mum's sister rang the hospital to find out if there was any news, they said, "Yes, she's had a little girl, but we're having a bit of trouble getting her breathing..."

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2007, 4:10 am

TechnoMonk wrote:
Anubis wrote:

a few months younger than my brother, same hospital too...

And three years plus a couple of months younger than my girlfriend, at the same hospital. :D

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

05 Sep 2007, 4:38 am

I was born in Whangarei hospital of NZ on 29th Of July 1991. I was a month premature and had my legs wrapped around my neck and mother had to have a c-section to get me out.

20 Dec 2008, 9:20 pm

I was born at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Portland, Oregon on July 18th 1985 at 3:24 in the morning. I weighed 8 lbs and 8oz. according to my baby book and I was 21 inches. My mother was in labor with me for 48 hours before my head finally came out on Thursday morning and then the rest of my body. I was a very sick baby and had to have a oxygen mask be put over my nose and mouth. I was in the hospital for five days according to my baby book.
I was two weeks late and I got stuck during my delivery.