Why difficult for relationships with aspergers?

Page 6 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Sep 2007, 2:00 pm

Hardest thing is the first move. I even met up with someone I talked to on the internet. A lot of Aspies of either sex often talk about not finding love when there's so many people on here they could even meet but are to cowardly to do anything.

Say a female wanted to meet up with me it might be a little strange if nether of us said much during the date but what's to fear we'd both be Aspies and in the same boat in many other areas. So there would be nothing to be embarrassed about. I'll take risks even thought I can find it extremely stressful.

What I'm saying is there's so many people on this board so bloody get the ball rolling and ask people out already. :P I mean it'll be a hell of a lot easier doing it here than asking someone face to face. :D If I read something and I think they sound like a nice person I take a look at there profile or post history. If I found what I thought was a good match I'll be PMing them believe me.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 4:05 pm

Dude, I couldn't ask someone out
even AFTER they told me that they
love me. Don't presume that this
is even possible.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 4:19 pm

Shadowbound wrote:
Hardest thing is the first move. I even met up with someone I talked to on the internet. A lot of Aspies of either sex often talk about not finding love when there's so many people on here they could even meet but are to cowardly to do anything.

Say a female wanted to meet up with me it might be a little strange if nether of us said much during the date but what's to fear we'd both be Aspies and in the same boat in many other areas. So there would be nothing to be embarrassed about. I'll take risks even thought I can find it extremely stressful.

What I'm saying is there's so many people on this board so bloody get the ball rolling and ask people out already. :P I mean it'll be a hell of a lot easier doing it here than asking someone face to face. :D If I read something and I think they sound like a nice person I take a look at there profile or post history. If I found what I thought was a good match I'll be PMing them believe me.

once you narrow it down to females in my area, there aren't many. i don't believe in starting long distance relationships (continuing a relationship during along-distance period is different), so that means women in my city - where single women appear to be non-existent.