Why difficult for relationships with aspergers?

Page 5 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Eric_C
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2007, 8:34 pm

It's like in High School, no girls noticed me in this way. I tryed to share at them alittle to get their attenton, and when I did, I put on a big smile. I often got smiles back.

I'd hold the doors for them, they would smile and say thank you whille their Jock boyfriends gave me a dirty look about everytime.

I remember when I was possibly (not to brag but) the weirdest and wildest one in drama class. I quit after Drama 2 and didn't bother with Drama 3. I thought that everyone thought that I was annoying. Though I started to notice that most of the drama girls still said hi to me.

I tryed so hard to hit on the girls that I liked and not cause them to run away from me.

Now I'm in college and I'm going to meet one of the members that's going to be in my Aspie club tomarrow. It's a girl so I'm not sure what this may lead to if you know what I mean. ;)

_Eric ;)

AussieMatt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2007, 1:19 am

Eric_C wrote:
It's like in High School, no girls noticed me in this way. I tryed to share at them alittle to get their attenton, and when I did, I put on a big smile. I often got smiles back.

I'd hold the doors for them, they would smile and say thank you whille their Jock boyfriends gave me a dirty look about everytime.

I remember when I was possibly (not to brag but) the weirdest and wildest one in drama class. I quit after Drama 2 and didn't bother with Drama 3. I thought that everyone thought that I was annoying. Though I started to notice that most of the drama girls still said hi to me.

I tryed so hard to hit on the girls that I liked and not cause them to run away from me.

Now I'm in college and I'm going to meet one of the members that's going to be in my Aspie club tomarrow. It's a girl so I'm not sure what this may lead to if you know what I mean. ;)

Well done mate! 8) Don't be shy alright? Let it come.

I say it happen a same to me aswell when i come to university in 2009 :D

Matt

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2007, 4:35 am

Aspies have very different concepts that often don't fit into the whole 'game' thing.
So we ain't wrong, but we are of a minority... I thought I had it very much figured out though... I might do... I'm not really sure what's going on atm...
This stuff on its own hasn't brought me down though - it's mainly the work thing atm... but it's followed suit.
I'm hoping my pure aggressive determination will bring me back up again.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2007, 5:07 am

Know what I find annoying though? Some dude who's much more of a mess than I am is in a relationship... wth? lol if anything that certainly ain't the way it goes - I'm no mess... sometimes...
He's really in the dump that guy is... but his NT ways seem to guide him anyway.

I, on the other hand, who's been working ferociously hard and never folding, have gotten nowhere.
This ain't my fault... what more can you do than be relatively good at some stuff?

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2007, 5:51 am

samtoo wrote:
Know what I find annoying though? Some dude who's much more of a mess than I am is in a relationship... wth? lol if anything that certainly ain't the way it goes - I'm no mess... sometimes...
He's really in the dump that guy is... but his NT ways seem to guide him anyway.

I, on the other hand, who's been working ferociously hard and never folding, have gotten nowhere.
This ain't my fault... what more can you do than be relatively good at some stuff?

Yes, i know what you mean. what really gets me is when girls go for jerks that they know are jerks (and stay with them) - i have many faults, but at least i'm no jerk. men with worse looks and worse personalities than me have no problems getting someone because they have good social skills.

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Sep 2007, 2:00 pm

Hardest thing is the first move. I even met up with someone I talked to on the internet. A lot of Aspies of either sex often talk about not finding love when there's so many people on here they could even meet but are to cowardly to do anything.

Say a female wanted to meet up with me it might be a little strange if nether of us said much during the date but what's to fear we'd both be Aspies and in the same boat in many other areas. So there would be nothing to be embarrassed about. I'll take risks even thought I can find it extremely stressful.

What I'm saying is there's so many people on this board so bloody get the ball rolling and ask people out already. :P I mean it'll be a hell of a lot easier doing it here than asking someone face to face. :D If I read something and I think they sound like a nice person I take a look at there profile or post history. If I found what I thought was a good match I'll be PMing them believe me.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 4:05 pm

Dude, I couldn't ask someone out
even AFTER they told me that they
love me. Don't presume that this
is even possible.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 4:19 pm

Shadowbound wrote:
Hardest thing is the first move. I even met up with someone I talked to on the internet. A lot of Aspies of either sex often talk about not finding love when there's so many people on here they could even meet but are to cowardly to do anything.

Say a female wanted to meet up with me it might be a little strange if nether of us said much during the date but what's to fear we'd both be Aspies and in the same boat in many other areas. So there would be nothing to be embarrassed about. I'll take risks even thought I can find it extremely stressful.

What I'm saying is there's so many people on this board so bloody get the ball rolling and ask people out already. :P I mean it'll be a hell of a lot easier doing it here than asking someone face to face. :D If I read something and I think they sound like a nice person I take a look at there profile or post history. If I found what I thought was a good match I'll be PMing them believe me.

once you narrow it down to females in my area, there aren't many. i don't believe in starting long distance relationships (continuing a relationship during along-distance period is different), so that means women in my city - where single women appear to be non-existent.