Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 8:01 am

Who here likes this show? It's on Adult Swim.

I like the Una-BooBoo episode and the Shoyu Weenie episode the best.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DaQwerk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2007, 9:39 am

I saw part of the episode when the
Jetsons were featured. I think it was
interesting. It made me laugh. :lol:

Kahil Gibran

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 9:44 am

Haven't seen that one yet.

Tim

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 9:53 am

You know, I never really watched it but my older roomate (mid 30's) is into that stuff and has a whole bunch of adult swim DVD's. I ended up watching I think the volume two cd and yeah, it was pretty funny (has a bit of the whole assinine humor they had in Sealab, good stuff)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 9:55 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
You know, I never really watched it but my older roomate (mid 30's) is into that stuff and has a whole bunch of adult swim DVD's. I ended up watching I think the volume two cd and yeah, it was pretty funny (has a bit of the whole assinine humor they had in Sealab, good stuff)

With the exception of Moral Orel, I have virtually every volume of the non-anime Adult Swim DVDs.

Tim

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 10:35 am

Phoenix Wright > Birdman.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 11:01 am

IdahoRose wrote:

Steven Colbert(ala the Colbert report,another of my favorites),is the voice of the boss.I watch Adult Swim every night I dont have to work.It appeals to the "juvinal" part of me that I was to "depressed/serious" to enjoy in my teens.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 11:04 am

I noticed Stephen Colbert on the show.

Tim

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 11:05 am

krex wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Steven Colbert(ala the Colbert report,another of my favorites),is the voice of the boss.I watch Adult Swim every night I dont have to work.It appeals to the "juvinal" part of me that I was to "depressed/serious" to enjoy in my teens.

What does that have to do with what I typed? I never said it was bad to like Birdman, if that's what you're getting at. I'm just saying I think that when it comes to fictional lawyers Phoenix Wright does it better.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 12:17 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
krex wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

What does that have to do with what I typed? I never said it was bad to like Birdman, if that's what you're getting at. I'm just saying I think that when it comes to fictional lawyers Phoenix Wright does it better.

Sorry for the missunderstanding...I missread your post.I saw your > as an = and thought you werre saying the voice of birdman was Pheonix Write(I never heard of him:oops: ),so I wasnt really,"getting" at anything,just thought we were listing the people who were the voices of the charactors.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 12:52 pm

krex wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
krex wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Sorry for the missunderstanding...I missread your post.I saw your > as an = and thought you werre saying the voice of birdman was Pheonix Write(I never heard of him:oops: ),so I wasnt really,"getting" at anything,just thought we were listing the people who were the voices of the charactors.

:oops: My bad. Sorry.

Dunwich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2007, 3:10 pm

My friend and I agree that the first Devlin episode was easily the best. Some of the subtler points of the Unabooboo episode were likely lost on me since I've never seen Jagged Edge.

I watched the first night of adult swim ever, and the Harvey Birdman pilot was the only show that had me rolling on the floor laughing, probably because the manic pace of the jokes was the exact opposite of the relaxed flow of Space Ghost. But over the years, as the novelty of the show wore off and they ran out of well known Hanna Barbara characters to involve in lawsuits, it kinda lost its edge. I'm glad it lasted longer than the Brak Show and Sealab, but I guess it's just as well that it was recently cancelled.

I've liked almost everything AS has shown. The only shows that I disliked are:

"Squidbillies" (but the pilot was hilarious)
"Stroker and Hoop" (but the ninja episode was awesome)
"Tom Goes to the Mayor" (okay, TECHNICALLY a good show, but it was just so much more painful than funny. The only time I laughed out loud at it was at the line, "I think I liked you better dead, JEFFY!" I think that was the first episode where Tom finally got to kill some of the degenerate mutants that inhabit Jefferton as payback for all they'd put him through. I am a rageaholic, but that show even made me hate too much.)

And the anime "Pilot Candidate" (aka "The Candidate for Goddess")

There may be some others I'm forgetting at the moment.

And yes, I even liked Super Milk Chan and 12 oz. Mouse. They weren't good shows in and of themselves, but they were just so odd that they served to wash down the rest of the lineup so I could fall asleep. And dammit, Mouse DID make sense if you watched it when it aired at 1:00 am!

And yes, I like Assy McGee because of how strategically they used it: only airing it for a few months at the end of last year, then having it disappear without a trace, compelling those who didn't catch it to tune in just to see if this ret*d show about a pair of buttocks who's a cop that randomly shoots people even existed, or was just a prank, like the night Perfect Hair Forever debuted instead of Squidbillies.

Perfect Hair Forever is also used in essentially the same way, airing infrequently and without warning, only it's AWESOME! Finally, a parody of the absurdities of Anime, by actual anime fans! The wacky fan-sub marathon last April fool's day was one of AS's all-time highlights.

Right now, the AS shows with the most potential are:
"Frisky Dingo"
"Metalocalypse"
"Saul of the Molemen" (though the name might change next season)

I also love Moral Orel for saying some things that aren't being said enough in our society, but It's just not quite as much fun as the aforementioned 3.

And "The ATHF Movie Film Intended For Theatres" made it worthwhile to go to the theater instead of just waiting for the DVD. Hadn't had that much fun at a movie since I got to see "Transformers: The Movie" on the big screen again at Botcon 2000.

I hope we keep getting new Aqua Teen episodes too. That show got excruciatingly lame after the all-villians team-up episode (did some of the writers quit after season 3?), but steadily got better last year.

Oh, yeah, the thread's about Birdman...Well the ending sort of leave me wanting a bit more...and confused as to whether it really was the end. It gave you more closure than the final Brak Show or Sealab.

and that is beautiful.

-TMBG