Velociraptor

23 Sep 2007, 5:17 pm

25/36

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 5:26 pm

23 out of 36

I used some of my knowledge of eye contact I read. Looking away is submissive or thoughtful.

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2007, 5:30 pm

I got 30... hm. I thought I was doing terribly the whole time, too.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 6:08 pm

Surprisingly I managed to get 29/36. I am DXed too.

I used the process of elimination a lot though. I wouldn't do as well if they added a "none of the above" option. The first thing that came to mind usually wasn't listed. The sideways glance ones had me the most confused.

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2007, 6:09 pm

Yeah, same here. The only one that actually popped into my head was "serious," haha.

HydroPurity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2007, 7:01 pm

29/36

bluebandit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2007, 7:37 pm

30/36
I could pretty much tell what the eyes weren't portraying but taking the test, I was unsure. However, if there weren't any choices I'd do horribly. I did much better than I thought I would.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2007, 8:02 pm

Mw99 wrote:
I got 32/36.

That's not bad, considering that the avg for aspies is 26.2 and for hfas 21.9.

Iirc (I took it the last time about a month or so ago for Baron-Cohen's online research thingy) I got the same.

I for one, am doubtful of its use as a diagnostic tool, other than confirming if the person really does have a deficit in eye reading. If the test is a good measure of real life, it's clear that some aspies don't have this problem.

Funny enough, my mom took it (she's not autistic), and she got a 20! LOL, ironic. Me the aspie is better at that test than she is. And she's pretty good with reading and reacting to social cues.

Ah well, if the social world were an online eyes test, I'd have an EQ of a 1000. :lol:

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Sep 2007, 8:10 pm

yeah. this test is pretty f****d up. well I got a 22 the problem with a monitor that doesnt display images correctly, so sometimes the eyes looked blurred which can't help. and some of the words I didn't totally know what they meant.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 7:18 am

I got very bored with it by question 9. Perhaps that means the test diagnosed me with ADHD?

Also I think the test should show the whole face, the position of the mouth helps me a lot. With just eyes it is hard.

Taking a break.

mouapp
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2007, 8:34 am

this test is freaking me out i get an ida looking at the picture then its not an option .................. this its really distressing me....................... ok reading the options first helps

24 awesome i did it

Cooper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Sep 2007, 8:59 am

30/36

marshall wrote:
I used the process of elimination a lot though. I wouldn't do as well if they added a "none of the above" option. The first thing that came to mind usually wasn't listed. The sideways glance ones had me the most confused.

Same here. I also noticed that the correct answer tended to be the choice that was most different from the others. For example there would be a question that gave choices like, "anxious, hostile, interested, guilty", and interested would be the answer. I have really strong test-taking skills, so I was able to pick up on that pattern after only a few questions. I wonder how I'd do on a test that wasn't as easy to game.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 9:22 am

32/36. Yay!

But I agree, some of the angles gave away what emotion the photographer wanted to convey. Still, no harm in cheating.

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2007, 10:02 am

I got a 30, and I'm diagnosed. This is a bad test, because it contains photos of models and celebrities, with lighting adjustments, etc. It's not a realistic sample of what other people's eyes look like in everyday interaction at the office or in the grocery store. I caught myself being able to recognize some of the people. One of the women is Claudia Schiffer from back in her Guess girl days, one of the guys was Aristotle Onasis, Sophia Loren was in there, etc. They need to use real people in real situations, because these eyes were way too obvious.

Zwerfbeertje
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2007, 10:10 am

digger1 wrote:
27. Does that mean I don't have AS?

No, according to my psych I scored pretty much the same as him on that test and we that score was rather average.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 12:30 pm

I think a more interesting test would be to do a brain scan of people with autism/aspergers vs. NT while they are taking such a test. I always wondered if we use different parts of our brain when analyzing things like faces and body language. I notice with a lot of tests I can get the right answers but it takes me longer to process the information and come up with the answer than it does for other people.