Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 12:30 pm

I think a more interesting test would be to do a brain scan of people with autism/aspergers vs. NT while they are taking such a test. I always wondered if we use different parts of our brain when analyzing things like faces and body language. I notice with a lot of tests I can get the right answers but it takes me longer to process the information and come up with the answer than it does for other people.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 12:35 pm

22/36

I'm my own guinea pig.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 12:36 pm

I got stuck on the practice question. That's all I have to say

How are you able to recognize celebrities in the pictures anyway?

Edit: I tried doing the whole thing and ended up with 17. I can't read emotions from the eyes alone.

Last edited by WillMcC on 24 Sep 2007, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

24 Sep 2007, 1:28 pm

serenity wrote:
I got a 22. I tried to guess first without looking at the choices, and most of my guesses weren't even given as options. :? I have to wonder how I'd do without the multiple choices to choose from.

Same here. But I got 21.

Last edited by LadyMacbeth on 24 Sep 2007, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 1:44 pm

lol, was anybody lost looking for the emotions of some of them? I was looking for things like "sun shining too brightly".

I'm my own guinea pig.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 1:55 pm

I figured out that I was trying to reconstruct the rest of the face from the image given, which would then give me some clue as to the emotion being displayed... If i couldn't do that I was clueless on the face...

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 3:36 pm

unnamed wrote:
I got a 30, and I'm diagnosed. This is a bad test, because it contains photos of models and celebrities, with lighting adjustments, etc. It's not a realistic sample of what other people's eyes look like in everyday interaction at the office or in the grocery store. I caught myself being able to recognize some of the people. One of the women is Claudia Schiffer from back in her Guess girl days, one of the guys was Aristotle Onasis, Sophia Loren was in there, etc. They need to use real people in real situations, because these eyes were way too obvious.

I thought they were all men... is that bad? :oops: :?

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Sep 2007, 4:18 pm

this test confused me because

one guy I thought was out to kill someone and that wasn't an option.

I got 25.

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2007, 9:38 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
unnamed wrote:
I got a 30, and I'm diagnosed. This is a bad test, because it contains photos of models and celebrities, with lighting adjustments, etc. It's not a realistic sample of what other people's eyes look like in everyday interaction at the office or in the grocery store. I caught myself being able to recognize some of the people. One of the women is Claudia Schiffer from back in her Guess girl days, one of the guys was Aristotle Onasis, Sophia Loren was in there, etc. They need to use real people in real situations, because these eyes were way too obvious.

I thought they were all men... is that bad? :oops: :?

Nope! Lots of guys wear black eyeliner these days! :P

24 Sep 2007, 10:02 pm

I got 15.

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

25 Sep 2007, 4:06 am

CentralFLM wrote:
Yea I don't understand. I got a 26. Is that bad or good. I mean, does it come natural for NT people to get around 36 out of 36. If this is the case, I didn't realize how clueless I really am.

I'm NT and I got 29.

It's difficult just looking at the eyes. I get lots of cues from body language as well.

Helen

Dys
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Sep 2007, 5:14 am

But the pictures are incredibly biased.
It seems to me like it's more an exercise in deductive reasoning.
I also found I was trying to reconstruct mouth position from what I could see of the cheeks.
The odd thing is, I got bored and stopped bothering about halfway through, made no errors after that.
Just because I can't comprehend why someone's feeling something doesn't mean I can't match pre-defined emotional appearances to pictures, especially if they really are pictures of actors and actresses attempting to portray pre-defined emotional appearances...