Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2005, 6:26 pm

I run XC!! ! I love it! It's just amazing. I'm hoping to really improve this season :)

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 11:46 pm

iamlucille wrote:
I run XC!! ! I love it! It's just amazing. I'm hoping to really improve this season :)

Man, I looove XC, too!! It'll be so awesome to improve this year too. I'm a little nervous for my first race tomorrow, but it will sure be worth it, despite if it has two gigantic hills, and that it has gravel. It will be okay, since it's the first race. Crosscountry sure gets people in shape, and it boosts your mental power up a whole lot. It's truly an awesome sport that some overlook and call crazy.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2005, 12:34 am

Isn't it great to have that natural euphoric feeling after a race, or even practice? That is one of the best things about cross-country running.

Not all banged up, unless their is an accidental fall or collision.

Don't have to memorize so much strategies and assignments, except for knowing the path of the race. This can cause some players on other sports to become mentally exhausted after practice

Sometimes though we have to be careful what we eat before a meet though since some end up feeling ill after or even during a race.

There may be some strategy on how to let the top team runners finish at the top. But I don't know much about it.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2005, 9:09 pm

nocturnalowl wrote:
Isn't it great to have that natural euphoric feeling after a race, or even practice? That is one of the best things about cross-country running.

Not all banged up, unless their is an accidental fall or collision.

Don't have to memorize so much strategies and assignments, except for knowing the path of the race. This can cause some players on other sports to become mentally exhausted after practice

Sometimes though we have to be careful what we eat before a meet though since some end up feeling ill after or even during a race.

There may be some strategy on how to let the top team runners finish at the top. But I don't know much about it.

It does feel awesome after a race, especially when your team (or just you) go on a meal stop; it feels good to run hard, have beneficial results, and feel good. I like to eat some carbs a few days before the race as carbs store up as energy in your body for about that long. It's also good to eat a little bit of sugar after your race, like a little bit of an energy bar or some gatorade (if you need to replace sodium) or powerade (if you need to replace sugar or water; I'm not sure what they replace.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 10:21 pm

Yeah - I have a hard time breathing when I eat dairy on race days. I like to have a sandwich or something for lunch that day. I also looove cheese sticks after practice - they have a ton of protein so they help build muscle mass

I love that feeling during practice, you feel so good! Running has made me more self-confident and happy. It can really change people's lives, everyone should do it

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 12:06 am

iamlucille wrote:
Yeah - I have a hard time breathing when I eat dairy on race days. I like to have a sandwich or something for lunch that day. I also looove cheese sticks after practice - they have a ton of protein so they help build muscle mass

I love that feeling during practice, you feel so good! Running has made me more self-confident and happy. It can really change people's lives, everyone should do it

I've also improved my social skills a little bit by being more confident to talk to people on my team, since I run with them almost every day. I love running; I'm not sure what or where I'd be without it.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 9:49 pm

I've also improved my social skills a little bit by being more confident to talk to people on my team, since I run with them almost every day. I love running; I'm not sure what or where I'd be without it.[/quote]

exactly! how have you been doing this season? my school is doing really well, we've only lost 1 meet, we're really a powerful force this season - have you gotten a pr yet? and if so by how much? cuz i just love that feeling

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 6:00 pm

I got a PR today by 44 seconds btw :)

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2005, 8:31 pm

iamlucille wrote:
I've also improved my social skills a little bit by being more confident to talk to people on my team, since I run with them almost every day. I love running; I'm not sure what or where I'd be without it.

exactly! how have you been doing this season? my school is doing really well, we've only lost 1 meet, we're really a powerful force this season - have you gotten a pr yet? and if so by how much? cuz i just love that feeling[/quote]

I improved on my social skills in crosscountry as well. For PR's this year, I got a couple from the same courses but it does depend upon weather conditions. Our girls team got undefeated, and we're running in the state competition in Pasco this weekend; lots of schools there. I also placed in the top ten in the league and 27th in districts (I got boxed in at the beginning, so place wise I didn't do as well as I anticipated; I tried my best however, and moved up a lot to catch up to my team). I'm not sure what my time was for districts yet; it was last Saturday. It was something like 21:03 of some other time very close around there; it was a 3.1 mile course with mud and a few hills and slopes.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2005, 9:26 pm

I don't run XC, but I know a bunch of people who do. Amazing athletes and it requires a lot of dedication, perseverence and hard work to do well. I think it would be fun to try, but I swim year-round, so I don't think it'd work in with my schedule. However, running is an excellent sport. :)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2017, 10:16 pm

in 10th grade, did one season cross country running. junior varsity 2 mile. varsity 3 mile. do not remember running in the rain. although it lasted til the middle of november. must've rained @ least once.

loved it.