What do you doodle over and over and OVER again?

Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 2:38 pm

Hearts
3-D cubes
Flowers
Stars

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 3:13 pm

The main thing that I doodle is lines that start at the corner of a page, and follow different geometrical designs as they span across the entire page. I've done this since grade school. I also like to doodle spirals, eyes, and my name.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Sep 2007, 3:15 pm

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 3:19 pm

I love to scribble. Chaotic, compulsive scribbling.

When I'm bored.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 3:23 pm

richardbenson wrote:

51?

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 3:25 pm

serenity wrote:
The main thing that I doodle is lines that start at the corner of a page, and follow different geometrical designs as they span across the entire page. I've done this since grade school. I also like to doodle spirals, eyes, and my name.

Do you keep on filling in lines so the whole thing is filled in? I do that sometimes. And forgot about the spirals - i do that as well. It's very soothing to do this - and mostly when I'm on the phone it happens. I have entire phone books and pads with phone numbers and alternate doodles. All over.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 3:31 pm

Spirals
Flowers
Especially the former.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

29 Sep 2007, 3:46 pm

In the past it was eyes. My college friend with a degree in experimental psychology said it was paranoia. I do not draw eyes any more I render them. Here is one I'm working on for a computer animation.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 3:59 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
In the past it was eyes. My college friend with a degree in experimental psychology said it was paranoia.

Is it? I draw eyes all the time; it's one thing I've gotten quite good at. (Nice eye, by the way.) Sometimes I'll add a face to it, but sometimes not.

So, I doodle:
-Eyes (sometimes with faces; they look better as just eyes though)
-Suicide methods
-Designs in the margin
-Recently, stars

There are more - I doodle a lot - but those are what I do over and over again. Graves and water (rivers usually) were big last year, but not so much this year.

Three years!

Last edited by RainSong on 29 Sep 2007, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 4:00 pm

jjstar wrote:
serenity wrote:

Do you keep on filling in lines so the whole thing is filled in? I do that sometimes. And forgot about the spirals - i do that as well. It's very soothing to do this - and mostly when I'm on the phone it happens. I have entire phone books and pads with phone numbers and alternate doodles. All over.

Yes, I keep filling in the lines! lol I thought I was the only one that did this. I do it on the phone, but I used to do it in class while listening to the teacher, and while the other kids chatted. I got made fun of for it a few times. :roll:

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 4:03 pm

I used to draw a lot of eyes, but I am bad at faces so I gave up on those. Still have some old notes with eyes in the margins.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 4:03 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
In the past it was eyes. My college friend with a degree in experimental psychology said it was paranoia. I do not draw eyes any more I render them. Here is one I'm working on for a computer animation.

I've heard it's related to schizophrenia. I'm not a paranoid person(well not very much anyway). I wonder if it's because we avoid eyes so much in real life that we're kinda obsessed with them subconsciously? Kinda like one of those things that's alluring, because it's such a mystery?

jade10025
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Sep 2007, 4:41 pm

I draw lines too. I arange them into geometric shapes usually. I will fill some in, and leave some blank. Its black and white geometric art to me. Its clean and tidy. Uncluttered with only two colors, and straight lines. it keeps me calm and focused during class, church, seminars, or anything i need to sit and focus on for a extended period of time.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

29 Sep 2007, 4:53 pm

serenity wrote:
TheMachine1 wrote:

I've heard it's related to schizophrenia. I'm not a paranoid person(well not very much anyway). I wonder if it's because we avoid eyes so much in real life that we're kinda obsessed with them subconsciously? Kinda like one of those things that's alluring, because it's such a mystery?

Yeah are more precisely part of the schizophrenia spectrum which includes schizotypal personality disorder. Which has a massive overlap with aspergers. I posted a test on it.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt39878.html

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 5:11 pm

Flowers, stars, cats, boxes.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2007, 5:27 pm

spirals
animals