Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 8:28 am

Seems like a lot of people here likes the Delorean. I must say it's one of my favourite cars as well. :)

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Oct 2007, 11:47 am

http://www.airforce-technology.com/proj ... a-101.html

although its not a 'car' its still a vehicle!

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 11:59 am

Reodor_Felgen wrote:
Seems like a lot of people here likes the Delorean. I must say it's one of my favourite cars as well. :)

Lots of people like the Delorean....but the one I posted isn't just a Delorean. :P

Sadly, I don't think anyone has a functioning flux capacitor... :|

Likho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Oct 2007, 12:09 pm

Lexus RX 400h

MINI! :D

I like old cars also.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 12:38 pm

OOOOH, my favorite car? why, that'd be hard... I'd have to say either the '69 Hurst Oldsmobile

or maybe a 1970 W-30 Oldsmobile 442...
But in reality, i already have my dream car. Before you even try to guess, yes it's an Oldsmobile... it's a 1970 Cutlass "S" with the bench seat. I love my Olds more than most people. That's my dream car.

[img][img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o215/ima442/itslarry2.jpg[/img][/img]

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 1:00 pm

I'm a truck girl. I really miss my Tacoma! My dogs miss hanging their heads out the back sliding window, they loved getting people to honk & wave. :D I'm so glad they finally came out with a double cab. Though I hear the breaks on this newer model are junk/soft, change them out & it's perfect... *sigh* For now I only own it on my desktop.

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 1:20 pm

Likho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Oct 2007, 2:18 pm

whiteskunk wrote:

:heart:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2020, 1:54 pm

Volvo 360 GLT 3 door hatchback like I used to have before but I also love my Mitsi.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2020, 2:02 pm

Ford RS200 (it just needs to sit lower since I won't be going ~150km/h on gravel in it)

Honda Integra

Toyota Corolla

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2020, 2:06 pm

I take it you don't have speed bumps?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2020, 2:31 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I take it you don't have speed bumps?

If it's on airbags you can just lift the car an inch or two when needed to deal with awkward geometry and then put it back to a decent ride height once you're over the obstacle.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2020, 3:00 pm

Nice.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2020, 3:24 pm

Where I live and on these roads, I prefer something smallish but practical so I can get round other cars on the narrow single track road. Needs the ability to ride up grassy banks or through soggy wet mud verges but without the high tax rates that 4WD has here in the UK.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2020, 5:38 pm

Small-block Iso Grifo
Grifo linky

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2020, 6:54 pm

I loved the car my Grandad had built for him when he worked as a designer for Renault. He was designing big trailers. It was either for Ford or Renault (As he worked for both as a designer along with many other companies) where he designed trailers so big they had to be shipped out in three sections as they would not have fit in the ship if the trailers were assembled. They were used in the middle east to help carry and construct oil pipelines.
He also designed smaller trailers to go behind cars and electric vehicles etc.
During his time working for Renault he had a rather unique car made for him. It was a Renault 15 TS with the 1600cc engine (Gordini?) out of the Renault 17. It was fast. He also knew a bit about tuning. When he worked for a company called Parsons Pickles, where he designed and built their pickling plant (A machine which topped, tailed, peeled, pickled and jarred onions in a single machine which was the first machine known in the world to do it all in one process (In a single machine)), his boss bought a new car. Now my Grandad had not that long bought a new Renault 16 which he had been tuning, and when his boss started boasting about his new gullwing Mercades SL, my Grandad and his boss ended up placing a bet. (I can say this as both parties have since passed away). They agreed to race down the Kidwelly flats and back. Well. My Grandad in his Renault was a very clear victor as the Mercades was way behind.
I have only seen photos of the Renault 16 (He had two. I believe the first had bench seats), but I do remember his Renault 15. A very rare car today. I remember that once a year he would tune his car and test it on a short section of straight road just south of Tal-Y-Bont, and if he didn't touch 120mph he would be dissapointed. I have driven on that road and even in some of the more powerful cars I have owned, I doubt they were any quicker. It is only a relatively short stretch of road before one has to slam on the brakes which ever direction one is heading, as at one end there is a dangerous dip into a sudden S bend, so one has to break hard, and on the other there is a sudden steep downhill with sharp bends into the village. Even when I had my Volvo 740 GLT which was quicker then the T5 I once had, 120mph on that short stretch would be pushing it as one has to break as well. It goes to demonstrate how quick that Renault must have been. Renault 15's and 17's looked cool until they facelifted them in the last few years of production. The facelifted cars just looked plain. My Grandads had a pair of Cibie rectangular spotlamps and a pair of rectangular fog lamps added to the front and it was in white with matching white wheel trims. Anyone who knew Renault 15's and 17's would assume the 15 was the slower version of the 17, which is why my Grandads car was a bit of a sleeper.
But anyway... Haha.
Sadly my older cousin ended up with the car, and he went into the back of another car on the duel carriageway which pulled out when my cousin was travelling at 120+ mph and denting the car along with the other car, and then his wife wrote the car off on the same road doing the same thing travelling at around 110mph. The speed limit was 70mph. Like my Grandad said "What were they doing driving at those speeds?" But he could not exactly say much really could he?

I rarely ever exceed the speed limit and if I do it is because I have not noticed. I have accelerated quick up to the max speed limit allowed on occasions. :)
I have exceeded the speed limit to get myself out of dangerous situations when being followed, but other then that I can't be bothered. The car I have now is very economical, but is the type of car if I did put my foot down it would go, but so would the fuel as well!