Finding a boyfriend for a gay high functioning autistic?

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

20 Oct 2007, 8:08 pm

i'd imagine it would be harder for someone with aspergers who was strictly ghey to find a partner than say a streight in the same pirdicament

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2007, 10:31 pm

username88 wrote:
This thread reminds me, what should I do with.. Certain occasional thoughts I have? I wouldnt really consider myself gay, is there such a thing as semi-bi? I mean, Ive fallen for guys before too, but normally I fantasize about females.
..Or am I just totally confused :?

Heh. 'Tis all a spectrum. For example, I've never
been REALLY attracted to a male, but I suspect that
the possibility's there.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2007, 10:32 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i'd imagine it would be harder for someone with aspergers who was strictly ghey to find a partner than say a streight in the same pirdicament

I don't know. Decent looking gay guys seem
more agressive than straight females of the
same appearance.

txstorm
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Oct 2007, 3:31 am

Where do I click to volunteer? :D

I agree with the other comment, in a way it's like trying to date a combination of two minorities.

I did have a boyfriend who also had Asperger's - but neither one of us knew it at the time. He wasn't diagnosed and I was misdiagnosed. Now that I look back, it really explains how we met, how we got along, and how we understood each other so well.

I've dated plenty of non-aspie guys but didn't have too much luck. Now that I know and understand why, I'm definitely going to look for somebody else with AS. That really narrows down the dating pool, but I think it makes a huge difference and will be worth it in the end.

txstorm
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Oct 2007, 3:40 am

That brings about another good question, what's the best place to live for somebody who is gay and has Asperger's (or HFA)?

I've lived in cities that were good for one or the other, but not both. Yeah, yeah, I've heard "San Francisco" about a hundred times, how about some other places? I think it's safe to say 'red states' are not an option...

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 4:51 am

Eugene seems pretty good for the
gay side. I'm not sure WHAT is good
for AS. Really depends more on what
your interests are, tbh.

JPeter8766
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Oct 2007, 12:08 am

It all sounds good. I've started working on an internet profile, and have made a few rough drafts. It is hidden for now. I have wondered whether I should mention something about my high functioning autism in the profile, or mention it at the 5th date.

Quote:
Where do I click to volunteer?

Send me an email or yahoo IM message me. I'll be more than happy to speak with you and see where the relationship goes. I'm attending medical school at UCLA for the next two years...so Los Angeles might be a good city.

ForEverAutistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2014, 8:37 pm

I too look for autistic boyfriend I prefer another autistic then a non autistic because most non autistics do not understand us but only thing is I look online for maybe where autistic gather together only thing I see online is parents of autistic children no good there they have be 18 or older trying find other autistics is soooooo hard I don't know what do I do want to find me nice autistic boyfriend only issue is where autistics hang out together

ForEverAutistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2014, 4:25 pm

withdraw post

Last edited by ForEverAutistic on 14 Mar 2014, 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 4:42 pm

the real magic would be finding a boyfriend for somebody with low-functioning autism

(me) :?

ForEverAutistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2014, 4:53 pm

wow that's really cool

Last edited by ForEverAutistic on 13 Mar 2014, 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wind_Drinker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2014, 4:57 am

Seek help. It was removed from the DSM for political and not scientific reasons.

ForEverAutistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2014, 5:55 am

I not understand what u talk bout what that has do with this subject

Alyosha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2014, 7:51 am

ForEverAutistic wrote:
I not understand what u talk bout what that has do with this subject

I think he's being homophobic, but I'm not completely sure about that.

I met my boyfriend through a friend, we've been together for almost four years.

I've found it easier to get dates and such with girls, than with guys. But there's more specific locations to find guys who like guys. I would say I recommend community meetings and groups than dancey club places. Purely because it's very hard to get to know people in those situations (and I just have meltdowns so not my best presentation, but I'm not all that HF).

I've found the best way to meet for me has been via neurodivergent communities. I find it hard to be around NTs for extended amount of time unless they really do understand the way I am (my boyfriend has ADHD and most of my friends are autistic).

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 8:31 am

Crackedpleasure might be one of the 1st people here to speak nicely of online dating.

ForEverAutistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2014, 8:38 am

withdraw post

Last edited by ForEverAutistic on 14 Mar 2014, 3:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.