Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 5:20 pm

Sorry for making this post. It's just that I currently feel depressed and have noone to talk to.

I am not doing well at my current job and there have been complaints about my performance. I fear that I'll be fired or let go. I feel stupid, worthless, worried, hopeless, sad...depressed.

I wish I had something good going on in my life. Unfortunately, it's not like I can reach out to people; I don't even know how to make friends or make people like me. I am alone in this battle.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Oct 2007, 5:36 pm

Sorry to hear that. You are not alone, however. You can talk to us! :)

spazmaticstitch
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2007, 5:41 pm

I'm depressed too. I'm homeless, staying with friends who don't understand me.
My mom & I don't have enough money to get our own place.
I don't have any real friends of my own. I had to give away 4 of my kitties. I'm just going through a bad time right now.

Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2007, 5:42 pm

I am sorry to hear that too. I have been feeling down lately myself, so you are not alone. I just try to remember that no feeling is final, and trust that things will be better someday (preferrably very soon!). And of course we have the WP :)

aurea
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 5:50 pm

We may not be there with you in person, but we are here to listen to you. I hope you feel better soon :D

Someone once told me, I don't know if it will help you but it helped me. Nothing ever stays the same. Even the worst situation will change given time. One door will close and another will open.

:wink:

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 6:08 pm

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so bad.

I'm in pretty much the same situation (my job is teetering on the brink, it seems), but I hope you won't start using the same release mechanism I have - which would be carving multiple scratches into my arm with a pair of scissors...

MasonJar
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2007, 7:25 pm

One thing that can help me when I'm down is to laugh. So I'll occasionally go to YouTube and search for something that I know is funny -- old Kids in the Hall sketches, Eddie Murphy doing James Brown on SNL -- whatever it is that makes you laugh. It may not totally take your mind off of what's going on, but laughter can sure help dull the needles of depression.
Please hang in there, Mw99. I'll be thinking about you.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 8:23 pm

Dang it!! Do you see how we all understand what we're going through but, it real life, there isn't a way to bring us together to do something about it? Just a few support groups run by shrinks or game night doesn't cut it.

We all have our strengths, just lack confidence. Now I sound like a dumb cheerleader but it's cuz I'm going to die someday and don't want to leave my kids floundering when I'm dead.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 9:00 pm

we are here for u.

Maxx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2007, 11:22 pm

Hey, as long as you're on WP, you're not alone. Yeah I'm sure you've heard this enough by now, but to be very cheesy, it's true.