Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you look being touched by other people?
Yes 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
No 60%  60%  [ 24 ]
Yes, a lot 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Definitly not 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 40

Angelus-Mortis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2007, 9:34 am

I don't like being touched either. I don't like hugs, and will probably completely miss the cue to hold hands or sometimes shake hands (unless it's really obvious) but I have an aversion to the first two; shaking hands isn't so bad, but I wouldn't initiate it. I think part of it is that I think love is sappy, so hugging and holding hands, which probably has to do with love, is something I have no interest in, so now I believe it's stupid.

Arbitraris id veneficium quod te ludificat. Arbitror id formam quod intellego.

Ignorationi est non medicina.

JustSteph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Oct 2007, 12:03 pm

It doesn't bother me at all if it's one of my siblings (they're little kids who have some kind of obsession for me lol). I can't remember the last time i hugged my mum. i can't remember if i ever did. i have one friend who understands i don't like being hugged, and rarely does it, unless she's really hyper. my other friend, who i've not known long, hugs me as greeting every time she seees me, but since it's ever time, i'm expecting it, so it's not so bad, but i'd still rather not. and there's this one girl i know who LOVES to hug people. i tell her i don' tlike it but she seems determined to "convert" me. i doubt it'll work. but i'm used to that aswell. So it all depends really

Speedy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Oct 2007, 12:55 pm

Don't like hugs, the feeling is far too odd. As I've mentioned before, I've never shown genuine physical affection for my family, and an iota to my ex-girlfriend. Guys who think its funny to poke me, rub my head, pat me or nudge me get a negative response. Only any good at handshakes if there is more than one other person, as being passive, I tend to be the last one to receive. Also very uncomfortable if I offer a hand to shake and bet the timing wrong, or its inappropriate to shake at that point. Intimate touching is different, and handling animals is ok.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Inigo Montoya