Have you ever had an interest in serial killers?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Have you ever had an interest in serial killers?
Yes 84%  84%  [ 26 ]
No 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 31

androidbeing
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2007, 11:22 am

Have you ever had an interest in serial killers? If so why did you have this interest?

I have not but know people that have

Android

Last edited by androidbeing on 23 Oct 2007, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gosmokesome
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2007, 12:08 pm

I once had an interest in finding the most efficient, cost-effective way of single-handedly killing everyone in a given building, like a school. Finding the requirements, like the weapons one has acces to or strategic starting points. How to fight off the invading cops while some are still people inside alive. Disabling the escape vehicles or blocking the escape points. How to set the home-made bombs the day before and at what places. And the escape plan for fleeing the crime scene.

You know what obbessions are like.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2007, 5:17 pm

Yes... spree killers more so. I also wanted to know the most efficient cost-effective way of killing thousands at a time!

RedMageIngus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2007, 5:21 pm

Yes, I'm interested in serial killers. We have a book about the world's 20 worst crimes, and most of the crimes are commited by serial killers. It's actually kinda interesting though, reading about the kind of sick people who live in this world.

kate-silverton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Oct 2007, 5:29 pm

Ana54 wrote:
Yes... spree killers more so. I also wanted to know the most efficient cost-effective way of killing thousands at a time!

Himmler had similar concerns

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2007, 6:18 pm

Yes, this is one of my lifelong interests.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2007, 6:52 pm

It was partly because of my interest in forensics. I was intrigued by the dark side of the human mind.

On sabbatical...

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Oct 2007, 6:55 pm

Very Breifly, in high school, possibly because this first few years were hard and i had many negative thoughts :oops:

Coyote27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2007, 11:57 pm

Yes, criminology is interesting, even if it is a pseudoscience.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 12:03 am

Can't say that I have.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 12:51 am

Yes, very much so, but my curiosity was more intense in the past. I guess my interest was due to the fact that I am a pacifist with a complete inability to cause harm to a person or animal, so I was curious to how a human being could be driven to murder. I read several books on the psychological profiles of serial killers and even took a college criminology course, which was extremely enjoyable.

Yog-Sothoth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2007, 3:16 am

I've read a lot about serial killers, I am just interested in how somebody can become that way. I think Albert Fish is like the most f****d up individual in history, but unfortunately there is little information on his upbringing and how he developed some of his strange habits.
I have my own sort of mythology in my head, and it is pretty much focused around a character named Dracul, and his polar opposite, Dante. Dracul is a spree killer (and some other things) who I based on myself, except a little more crazy and with unholy powers. I like to come up with scenarios where he tortures and kills somebody, or something else like that, and how he justifies it. I constructed one such scenario last night in fact, and it helped me feel better and helped me get to sleep.
Is it odd that justifying horrific crimes is therapeutic for me?

21 Oct 2007, 3:29 am

yes I did because I found it very interesting and I was obsessed with capital punishment and serial killers meant death penalty. This was one of my obsessions I was ashamed of and not open about.

Coyote27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2007, 5:20 am

I don't know about you, Yog, but I'm not afraid of people thinking that I'm a bit demented. :D
Besides, what are we supposed to expect from someone who takes the name of an Elder God?