Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 2:41 pm

I was! I think...

I tried to turn my closet into a bathroom, honestly thinking I could make a sink and wondering where I would get a toilet... I made bird swings, teddy bear houses out of cardboard boxes, teddy bear towns out of cardboard boxes, teddy bear apartments out of nooks behind my bed and pieces of wood I made fake doors out of, I turned my room into a classroom by making a banner with numbers that went all the way around the room and other little learning poster things, I made "poor, any-rags-you-can-find" clothes for Barbie dolls when I played Barbie boot camp and concentration camp, I made a menu for a dandelion-food restaurant I was going to open on the balcony (our balcony was just a little above the courtyard), I made earrings and pendants and rings, I made "sinners club ID card" with my picture, and it actually looked like some real club ID card, or at least a temporary one... I did it by hand... when me and my best friend played ER we made fake hospital files... me and that friend also started a crime-fighting club called Most Wanted, we made an attractive poster for it and several advertising posters that we posted all around the apartment building, I also made fake "Wanted" posters and missing-persons flyers just because I was bored (but didn't post them), I printed out the missing children pages from the America's Most Wanted magazine and posted them in the laundry room, I wrote stuff on some of my clothes with nail polish because I was bored-- "IDIOTS" on one sweatshirt (which I wore to the elementary school graduation), as in "I'm from the Idiots Club, an exclusice club", also on a turtleneck I painted "INNOCENT VICTIM". I never got a chance to wear it; I don't know what happend to it. When I was 10 I made a concentration camp for ants; I also made a buffet for ants. I made arbie houses. Soemtimes I made tapes where I acted alone, other times me and my best friend made tapes together that qwould have been movies if we'd had a video camera. We sometimes wrote scripts for it and sometimes didn't.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 2:43 pm

I was very creative and artsy. I still am.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 2:44 pm

Creativity was not my strong suit. If I got an idea from TV, I could duplicate or make my own version. As far as inventing something out of thin air, I wasn't so resourceful.

jread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2007, 2:46 pm

I've always been creative but never with any type of art. I have absolutely no artistic ability at all.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 2:49 pm

I was artsy in a scientific sort of way, lol.

Oh, yeah, another thing I did was paint the ceiling, doorframes, cupboards and walls of my bedroom with solid colors, a peace sign on the ceiling with "no blood for oil" that my mother made me wash off, and wierd symbols (Narayani, from this Myst game series) with their meanings written under or over them: Nature encourages mutual dependance, Dynamic forces spur change, and something else... and I also made up 3 more symbols with meanings, like Energy creates matter... I also was going to paint the first numbers of Pi around the room, but I was too lazy or busy to look them all up... I painted "Welcome to the guild hall" on the roller blind as well, in nail polish... I painted some woman on one of the cupboard doors that was supposed to be Catherine from Riven... I tried to paint the ceiling to look like a sky in the daytime but ran out of paint I think...

edal
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 2:54 pm

Zero artistic ability but LOTS of imagination. Art classes were therefore a disaster but the stories I wrote in English classes made up for my failures.

Ed Almos

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 3:11 pm

Creative, yes. Artsy, no. I'm still like that.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 3:21 pm

I thought I was creative until I recognised the fact that I needed certain guidelines.

If I'd learnt a particular craft or artistic method I could recreate that at home, but apart from that I was stuck. I spent most of my art class explaining to my teacher that I didn't know what to draw, I needed more detail than what they gave me.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 3:30 pm

I lacked artistic ability too... I was good at drawing fake family portraits in class when I was bored. But at other things I absolutely sucked at drawing. I also drew women in wierd fancy clothes in class when I was bored. Haha. Once in class when I was bored I made a fake newspaper, with made-up articles and drawn "photographs"... another time (again, in class when I was bored) I wrote stories, and sometimes poems about how I hated or sucked at math class!

Once in second grade I saw these posters all over the school spreading the word about the measles vaccination campaign that was taking place at the school... it had a little germ saying "I am getting vaccinated again!" as in, "Damn! Not again!" It was sort of a combinaion of things, like a propaganda poster, and I found that cool, so from what I remembered of it I imitated it at home and stuck it on my bedroom door. I was a wierd kid. :D

I also found it cool to put "warning" and "attention" signs on my door, with a warning that you could get your fingers caught or something. I did this after I saw a similar sign on a dough mizer in a pizzaria kitchen when I was about 7. :lol:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 4:29 pm

I've always liked to draw and according to other people I'm a talented writer.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 4:48 pm

When I was little I transformed my bedroom, with the help of various cardboard boxes, into a city for my trolls to live in. I also did hundreds of drawings of these little people who lived in tree houses.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Oct 2007, 5:00 pm

I have always been extremely creative. I made my own clothes in high school because of my sensory issues....still do sometimes. I had flyers and postcards and stickers all over my walls from clubs and bands, etc. I've always written stories. I've always been more of an art fag than an artist. I can't draw things out of my head very often, but I can copy anything. I'm a talented forger. Writing is my best skill. I use a lot of my artistic inclination to do powerpoints now for work.
Most of my talent now goes toward sewing or scrapbooking. I love scrapbooks. Although my OCD really shines through when I can't bear to get rid of this picture or that picture....LOL

I like photography too. The digital camera has been a godsend.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 6:15 pm

Yes apparently I was. It has dwindled now. I've tried to revive it as much as I can, but to no avail.

I was probably my most creative around 12-17. I used to write and do art. I painted a mural. In fact, writing and painting was essentially only work I did when I was 14-15. I barely did anything in school other than that. Not that I was especially prolific at it either. I was lucky that I was in Jamaica and the school curriculum was mostly correspondence. So they couldn't force me to do it. I was questioned on it only twice. I just said I was ill, which wasn't entirely untrue. It was one of the happiest times in my life. Spoiled shortly by a return to the UK to do my A levels.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 7:55 pm

My first grade teacher said I drew very nice pictures. I can't draw at all now. Writing is now my major mode of creativity.

LemonDemon
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Oct 2007, 9:06 pm

"I thought I was creative until I recognised the fact that I needed certain guidelines.

If I'd learnt a particular craft or artistic method I could recreate that at home, but apart from that I was stuck. I spent most of my art class explaining to my teacher that I didn't know what to draw, I needed more detail than what they gave me"

Eh, sounds like my situation. I can draw correctly anything I see, but if someone told me to draw a dog, I'd need to find a dog to look at or get a picture of a dog and draw from that, otherwise it looks (to me) like an incredibly simple cartoon or a very bland outline. On the upside, if the what I'm looking at is clear I can rotate and move the object in my head to get different poses.

I have a decent imagination, I think, but I tend to need words to go with it. For awhile now I've been getting my art and story outlines from what images songs bring out in my head, or from detailed descriptions in books.

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2007, 12:45 am

still very much so til this day..i have been drawing, designing, and building since i have been about 6..i would work on two to thre rojects at a time...mostly go carts with whatever material my father would allow me to use, and then there were the tree houses, and then the model airplanes and stadiums from scratch...i think whenever i have a house and enough money i am going to add a huge work area to my land where i can justgo crazy and create whatever comes to mind..sad thing is i always tend to get halfway on mostly everything i do and either lose interest or i dont have the patience or courage to finish what i have started because i am afraid i will mess it up...