Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2007, 12:45 am

still very much so til this day..i have been drawing, designing, and building since i have been about 6..i would work on two to thre rojects at a time...mostly go carts with whatever material my father would allow me to use, and then there were the tree houses, and then the model airplanes and stadiums from scratch...i think whenever i have a house and enough money i am going to add a huge work area to my land where i can justgo crazy and create whatever comes to mind..sad thing is i always tend to get halfway on mostly everything i do and either lose interest or i dont have the patience or courage to finish what i have started because i am afraid i will mess it up...

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 12:59 am

I definitely was, and art was one of my favorite subjects in elementary school, and I played the violin for many years, as well as taking up the sax in high school. I'm still creative as an adult, where I enjoy knitting, embroidery, and just learned how to carve molds for pewter casting.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 11:08 am

I also made up a rap song that went "You're not the boss of me, Missy!" (pronounced Missay!) So why do I have to do everything you say? Even though I don't wanna say uuuck... mama.... I really hate your guts!" Me and my best friend sang it together. :) It dounded really good on that music clip recording thing on this computer I had back then. Me and that friend and her little sister also did other recordings on there... mostly acting. "Oh my God, my house was robbed!" I said in an adult voice, while the other two pretended to be kids and just fooled around in the background. I also did recordings in different voices (I was good at changing my voice) pretending to be crime victims telling their stories on America's Most Wanted. :)

Last edited by Ana54 on 31 Oct 2007, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flikr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Oct 2007, 5:11 pm

no I hate art and i hate creativity i have zero of it and i don't want it

Sapphix
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Oct 2007, 5:43 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I've always liked to draw and according to other people I'm a talented writer.

*snap*

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 6:02 pm

still am. I have a thing for whimsical sculptures. I was just putting into use with a fruit tray sculpture this morning; little monsters made of oranges, cranberries for eyes, almond slivers for teeth and strawberries for horns. Cuter if i had a photo. I also carved a jack skellington skull out of a honeydew melon. I love halloween.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 6:23 pm

still am when i have time... love drawing, painting , sculpting, throwing pottery

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

KindaRetarded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Oct 2007, 12:22 pm

You sound like the coolest kid ever!

Yeah I was pretty creative as a kid, still am. As a 7 yr old, wrote a story about how my Mum and I were stuck in the outback and there was a jar and if you sang Waltzing Matilda into the jar and closed the lid you could trap the song forever. Long story short, I killed my mother off in the final act, but can't remember why or how. Kids say the darndest things. :roll:

I write and perform music, I also write poems etc.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2007, 12:29 pm

very,

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2007, 12:33 pm

Apart from being an avid reader, I was the least artsy kid you could ever meet. Now, I actually like drawing and painting.

Eller
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 1:25 am

As a kid, I was always drawing abstract stuff - mostly simple geometrical shapes. The first (more or less) realistical drawings I did at age 11, because I was forced to at school. Of course those were horrid, I wasn't used to draw pictures other people are supposed to like. Now, ironically, some people call me artistically gifted.

bjorker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2007, 2:45 am

I was very creative as long as I had free-reign. As soon as I had specific guidelines to follow (IE school project), I had a hard time. I got a bad grade (for me) in art, because all of our assignments were very specific and had very particular grading guidelines, and I just couldn't do it well if I was suppose to create something specific. I don't really think that's art. Art should be about creativity from within, not conforming to some standard.

Nowadays, I can't seem to work anything that involves working instruments in a specific way. I'd love to sew or knit, but I can't follow directions very well to work those things. If it's all something I can do without working something like a machine or making needles do certain things, then I can be very creative.

It was like that with writing, too. I was a great writer in elementary school when I could use second person and write how I wanted to. I was way ahead of everyone else. Once we had certain strict guidelines to follow, it became a lot more difficult.

TitanDak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Nov 2007, 2:08 pm

Yes and my art teacher was my worst enemy too. Imagine that.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 4:03 pm

I wasn't creative or artsy at all. Kids kind of made fun of me in art class (and once one girl got mad at me because she thought I was intentionally trying to paint something wrong).

I did make neat things with Legos though. I spent hours building things with those, figuring out how to make space ships and stuff like that, and was kind of creative when playing with my brother with Legos and stuff, but not artsy...

-Vorzac-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Nov 2007, 4:23 pm

when I was 5 I wrote a poem at school. My teachers enjoyed it so much they laminated it and put it on the wall of the school library.
16 years later, and I'm 100,000 words into the first book of an epic trilogy.

jazzguy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Nov 2007, 4:26 pm

Always have been, always will be. It's the only reality for me.