Does anyone find themself being a barer of others problems..

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2007, 12:57 am

im not sure if its just my intutive nature but i tend to take on the emotions of those who are close to me....kind of like the man getting sick like his pregnent wife....but it comes whenever i connect with someone....the weird thingis it has only been around for the last 5 years or so...when i was younger i would rarely feel anything from anyone else but anger and depression due to being the outcast or misunderstood...those were my two emotions at the time, but now it seems like all the emotionless times of my past have manifested and expected full payment back as my herat has been deemed a raw nerve ending by myself...
sometimes it can be cool because i am going into psychology and will need this ability to be a good therapist one day but its so hard to differentiate the differance between pure empathy and over indulgence upon another's emotions....it drains me to listen sometimes because i cant force myself to not feel though if my words help i think it is worth it....well anway im not sure if there was a point to this scattered train of thought but i hope someone else out there may have some input on how to deal a little better with feeling so much without the nasty aftertaste of burnout....

Weirdobird
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2007, 1:42 am

Hi Bizmark,

You are an empath. Your physiology and neurology means that you are more sensitive than the average person, and that includes psychic information. Perhaps you can find a reputable Reiki class where you can safely develop and control your abilities. You can also do some work with energy psychology to release the upset when you pick up on stuff that's not nice.

I hope this helps.

PS - No doubt some bully will find what they think is a cute quip to attack my post with. Save your breath, I'll do it for you: "Pseudo-science man!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

IpsoRandomo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2007, 4:02 am

The whole psychic abilities thing is just B.S. It sounds to me like he is just experiencing empathy, though erratically.

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2007, 11:49 am

i could be convinced either way because i dont consider myself psychic but there are also numerous times that i would come to believe that there are things in myself that cannot be explained

Weirdobird
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2007, 1:19 pm

Ah, but then just because something can't be explained using currently-available resources neither means that it's psychic nor that it doesn't exist. Whatever the cause, what harm can it do to have better ways of coping with it?

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2007, 10:42 pm

very ture...i will research the possibility...thanks for the info

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 10:53 pm

I am an empath, when it comes to positive feelings. I love it. Even when another person is negative I try (and I say TRY-- I'm not perfect) to still be positive and help them that way. I can't help them if I get negative too. I can still say "Yeah, that sucks" if I think it will be interpreted as a positive statement though. :)

Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Oct 2007, 5:09 am

My husband has basically banned me from listening to other peoples problems because I'm too empathetic. I believe everyone should be able to have someone listen to them and honestly sympathise, and no one should die unmourned.