Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Vaccines and Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2005, 9:19 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/005316

Quote:
On Sunday morning's Meet the Press, Dr. Harvey Fineberg, president of the Institute of Medicine, debated New York Times reporter and author David Kirby about the strength of the science linking the current epidemic of neurological disorders among American children to the mercury-based vaccine preservative Thimerosal. The Institute of Medicine as well as the Centers for Disease Control and the
Food and Drug Administration base their defense of Thimerosal on four flimsy studies ginned up by the pharmaceutical industry and federal regulators who green-lighted the use of Thimerosal in the first place. Those fraudulent studies deliberately targeted European populations which were exposed to a fraction of the Thimerosal given to American children.

If Dr. Fineberg genuinely wants to test his assertions about Thimerosal safety with epidemiological data, he should commission a study comparing American children who were exposed to vaccines to the Amish, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Scientists or others, who, for religious reasons, did not receive Thimerosal-laced vaccines.

A recent survey by United Press found that autism is virtually unknown among Pennsylvania's large Amish populations -- a strong indication that vaccines are indeed a principal culprit of the epidemic. Despite the repeated urgings of independent scientists and the families of autistic children, the federal agencies involved have refused to commission such a study and have closed federal vaccine files in order to derail the creation of those studies by outside scientists.

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2005, 5:11 pm

OK,

Real easy way to make the determination on whether this is true or not.

Find a state that has/or will ban mercury based vaccines. Determine the last date in which such vaccine has been given. Review instances of autism based date and determine if there was a rise/fall/no change between the persons given mercury based vaccines and those who were not given mercury based vaccines of the same population.

Gosh, how tough is that.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2005, 9:44 pm

They are going to be doing more research because the parents won't shut the hell up.

Nobody wants to acknowledge that Thimerosal hasn't been used since 1999/2000. And autism rates of children born after that HAVE NOT GONE DOWN.

But the parents won't believe it because they want something tangible to blame. Even though Autism for many kids has a deterioration period around the time or right after the vaccinations. But tell-tale signs could be seen even before the vaccinations. That is the nature of Autism and the growing/changning of the brain.

I suspect my Aspergers is both familial and possibly triggered by milk allergies in the womb or possibly some other infection which went undetected pre-natally. (My milk allergies were discovered at around 4 months of age but milk was just about the only thing my mother drank while pregnant with me. And she drank A LOT.)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/