Is there anyone else here who is obsessed with

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JDoherty
Toucan
Toucan

08 Nov 2007, 7:23 am

Sport (even if you can't play it)?

I have a big obsession with football (soccer). I have to check up websites, watch games and I even have a small database of players and a spreadsheet on my team's seasons.

At every possible chance, I'll go to see games as well.

I also like other sports but football (soccer) is my biggest interest.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 10:46 am

I like tennis. I don't think I can play it in real life, but I like playing it on my Wii.

Sally
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Nov 2007, 12:56 pm

JDoherty wrote:

I have a big obsession with football (soccer). I have to check up websites, watch games and I even have a small database of players and a spreadsheet on my team's seasons.

i really like football & it used to be an obsession for me to, i did all the above for my team a few years ago & was able to recite all my team's results for the entire season. i still really like it & have to check on what is happenening, but i dont think it is an obsession anymore for me

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 3:55 pm

i dont think its obsessive with mne, but im interested in snooker, martial arts, boxing... actually quite a lot of different sports. i also like to watch track and field meetings every once in a while and try things that just sound interesting. today, i saw beach football (soccer) which i very much liked, due to the effect sand had on the games mechanics.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 6:59 pm

I am pretty obsessed with fight sports. MMA, K-1, Boxing. I just can't help it, it is always somewhere on my mind.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 8:34 pm

Yes!

Everyone knows about my interest (obsession) with Roger Bannister by now. His sub four-minute mile accomplishment at Iffley Road, England on May 6, 1954, proved it could be done. Many have done it faster (the current record is held by Hicham el Guerrouj of Morocco), but Bannister did it first. He overcame great odds to achieve in both sport and medicine.

I also like tennis (my favorite player is Roger Federer. Yes, another Roger!) and figure skating.

I have a storehouse of knowledge about the Olympic Games, from 1896 to the present day. My dream is to attend the London Olympics in 2012 and meet Roger Bannister.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 12:02 am

I think archery is cool, but I've never done it.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 12:07 am

I used to be really fascinated with baseball.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Bightme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Nov 2007, 8:52 am

JDoherty wrote:

I too really enjoy following football, I keep close tabs on my team (Man Utd) whenever possible.

I used to play the Championship/Football Manager games on my PC, they are very detailed and have a statto type feel to them.

fangfarrier
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: In the Highland of Scotland, never far from a pie shop

12 Nov 2007, 9:35 am

Rugby

Been involved in the sport for over 30 years, first as a players and now as a coach and a ref though I've been asked to join a veteran's side.

Me, after much thought on the matter.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 10:12 am

I love sports n infact i play cricket n tennis they r da 2 sports im quite good at but i also played badminton, field hockey, football, table tennis, darts, snooker n handball.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 10:17 am

I was also obsessed with basketball when the Houston Rockets won their 2 back-to-back NBA championships (1994 and 1995).

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

JDoherty
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2007, 1:44 pm

I haven't started the database until after the January transfers, makes it easier to do it without making too many changes.

I do produce the scores for this season on a spreadsheet - any players that have left are in black while the current players are in green.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 2:39 pm

While I usually hate playing any type of sport (competitive or otherwise), I like watching some sports especially football. I support Liverpool FC so I usually follow them. My brothers like football a lot too so it gives me something to discuss with them as they are not really interested in current affairs, games, movies and books the same way I am. I used to play Championship Manager/Football Manager obsessively. I loved nuturing younger players and building up a squad of stars. I have not played any sports for years. I played soccer,golf and snooker at different periods because my brothers were and I usually did the same things they did but I was never very good at any sport.

JDoherty
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2007, 3:04 pm

corroonb wrote:
While I usually hate playing any type of sport (competitive or otherwise), I like watching some sports especially football. I support Liverpool FC so I usually follow them. My brothers like football a lot too so it gives me something to discuss with them as they are not really interested in current affairs, games, movies and books the same way I am. I used to play Championship Manager/Football Manager obsessively. I loved nuturing younger players and building up a squad of stars. I have not played any sports for years. I played soccer,golf and snooker at different periods because my brothers were and I usually did the same things they did but I was never very good at any sport.

I love that football manager, I haven't got the current one yet because I have just got myself Pro Evolution Soccer (till trying to figure that out!).
I also have FIFA 08 (I now play it in manager mode for a bit more of a challenge) and that's alright. I might get Football Manager this week - see how things go.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 3:48 pm

JDoherty wrote:

Sounds like me... although I ain't so good at playing it. I have a kinda fascination for shoddy, yet quality, skilful, yet breakable, Olympique Lyonnais. :lol: I love the way they play when they play well... a classic example of all those words describing them is when they played Stuttgart in their previous match in the Champions League.