Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2007, 1:14 am

i think i could be at this all day if i tried naming them all.. XD i love cartoons and anime... don't watch much on tv, though.. since i only get like... 1 channel... but i watch a lot online... Fooley Cooley was suppose to be random.. and that's why i loved that show.. too bad it was so short. i also love Digimon, Naruto (though i despise the American dub.. i mean.. i swear.. the dub seriously sucks.), Death Note, Elfen Lied, Yu Yu Hakusho, Chobits, Rurouni Kenshin, and soooooo many other anime, i won't even bother listing them all.. lol. and i also love Teen Titans and Code Lyoke. as for the western cartoons, my favorites are Ed Edd n Eddy, Invader Zim (have every episode saved on my computer), South Park, Lilo and Stitch, and i also like all those other little ones, like Dexter's lab and Foster's home for imaginary friends, and all those others... yesss... i am a cartoon whore.. XD

OrderAndChaos30
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2007, 3:03 am

The Brain (Pinky and The Brain)

Elmira (Animaniacs)

Professor Farnsworth (Futerama)

Stewy (Family Guy)

Spike (Cowboy Beebop)

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 3:17 am

I like family guy. Not very kiddy Cartoon. My favorite cartoon is The emperors new school, and Timon and Pumbaa.

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

11 Nov 2007, 6:37 am

:D I LOVE watching old cartoons! The late 20s up thru the 50s were the best.
My favorite characters are as follows:

Felix the Cat, but ONLY the old black & white ones, which were done by Otto Messmer. Unfortunately, only Pat Sullivan, the producer, is credited in the clips. This is my favorite Felix the Cat cartoon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XwMbEEKR44

Next, is Goofy, who is, in my opinion, the greatest cartoon athlete of all time. His instructional cartoons on skiing, boxing, fishing, home gymnasiums, etc. are some of the most entertaining cartoons you will ever see. His motion is fluent yet unpredictable. He is always persistent and optimistic, and keeps returning to the problem undiscouraged.

I like Donald Duck too, and his notorious temper issues. He gets genuinely flustered when things don't go his way. The way I see it, Goofy and Donald make a good duo because Donald is the way we are, and Goofy is the way we wish we could me (in terms of temper and attitude).

Betty Boop is also a great character. She emerged shortly after the advent of sound, so during that age, cartoonists took great care to incorporate the technology by synchronizing every single word that is spoken by the characters. Betty Boop cartoons also have a fun level of surrealism.

So, yeah: I'm really a maniac when it comes to cartoons.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:18 am

Dorothy (Big O) A Machine with free will and feelings. Proper, cultured, alone.

Radical Edward (Cowboy Bebop) Net diver, data miner, human raised by machines. No one else to talk to. Can learn anything, find anything, and has no one to relate it to.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 9:29 am

I always liked evil characters from cartoons, it's why my favourite trinity of evil guys from cartoon movies are Richiter from Daimos ( as far as I know, in some countries this Brahmin admiral was also known under the name Richter or Ulrich), Zoisite from Sailor Moon and Claude Frollo from Disney adaptation of Hunchback from Notre Dame.

I am also a big fan of Pinky (Pinky and the Brain), Mandy (Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy) and Stevie (Family guy).

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 10:19 am

tweety_fan wrote:
i like GIR and tweety and bugs bunny.

Ah! the Classics!

I love wise cracking Bugs. . .you can't pull the wool over HIS eyes! And Daffy. . who can't relate to his unique logic ( and speaking of Ducks, Donald can melt down with the best of us!) I can relate to Goofy (A'Huulk!) but why is he a dog that can talk and Pluto is a dog that can't?
And Road Runner and his nemesis Wile E. Coyote taught me a bout karma. How the Road Runner had good intentions and avoided the thousand plots and traps the not so good intentioned Coyote laid for him. Road Runner was a Tweety on steroids.

Merle

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 11:51 am

my favorites tend to be the underdogs. I like bluto in popeye, because he looks like my dad. So, of course i didnt like popeye beating up on him. I also like sylvester much more than tweety. just once i would like the cat to win. I hated tom and jerry, because i wanted tom to catch jerry and eat him. (jerry was a jerk).

As far as favorites go, i loved Wacko, from the animaniacs.

I also like raven from teen titans, buttercup and blossom from the powerpuff girls, hesh from sealab 2020, and all of DETHKLOCK.

lets not forget killface.

Plutonian_Persona
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2007, 12:10 pm

Lisa Simpson (obviously)
Groundskeeper Willy
Brian (Family Guy)
Brain (Pinky and the Brain)
Wacko, Yacko, and Dot
SpongeBob
Jimmy Neutron

"For nonconformity the world whips you with its displeasure": Emerson.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 3:14 pm

My fave cartoon characters were Taz, Dick Dasterly, Muttley, Scooby Doo n Shaggy but dat was bk in me skool dayz aged 8-11 after dat i never watched cartoons ever bk again.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 11:18 am

fangfarrier
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: In the Highland of Scotland, never far from a pie shop

12 Nov 2007, 11:25 am

Not really a cartoon sort of person.

I have difficulty with reality!

Me, after much thought on the matter.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 11:36 am

lol, I think that is why I like cartoons so much-and it could be why I have difficulty with reality. I always get cartoon images going through my mind when people say something, especially if it is something that sounds really chaotic that happened to them. I burst out giggling :S

But cartoons are so random a lot of the time... I like Adult Swim because a lot of the things said in it are things we'd LIKE to say every day, lol, but don't because it gets negative reactions.

I'm my own guinea pig.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 1:11 pm

I like the Simpsons and South Park the best.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 1:11 pm

nicky wrote:
i think i could be at this all day if i tried naming them all.. XD i love cartoons and anime... don't watch much on tv, though.. since i only get like... 1 channel... but i watch a lot online... Fooley Cooley was suppose to be random.. and that's why i loved that show.. too bad it was so short. i also love Digimon, Naruto (though i despise the American dub.. i mean.. i swear.. the dub seriously sucks.), Death Note, Elfen Lied, Yu Yu Hakusho, Chobits, Rurouni Kenshin, and soooooo many other anime, i won't even bother listing them all.. lol. and i also love Teen Titans and Code Lyoke. as for the western cartoons, my favorites are Ed Edd n Eddy, Invader Zim (have every episode saved on my computer), South Park, Lilo and Stitch, and i also like all those other little ones, like Dexter's lab and Foster's home for imaginary friends, and all those others... yesss... i am a cartoon whore.. XD

Same here.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 3:16 am

Plutonian_Persona wrote:
Lisa Simpson (obviously)
Groundskeeper Willy
Brian (Family Guy)
Brain (Pinky and the Brain)
Wacko, Yacko, and Dot
SpongeBob
Jimmy Neutron

WHAT? Brian? he's cool and all, but hey, you gotta Love Stewie. I had an awful fright last night...wewf...