Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

thewllr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Nov 2007, 11:18 am

Do you ever worry about if people can smell you whether naked in like a nudist setting or wearing clothes even though you take two showers a day and worrying if people will be repulsed if you fart and it permeates down there?

Helek_Aphel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2007, 11:25 am

No.
You sound like you have OCD though, which is linked to Asperger's Syndrome.

edal
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 11:29 am

Well, let's be fair here, it depends on the climate. In the Summer I'll quite happily take two showers a day because it keeps me cool and I smell better. The original poster might be taking things a little too far though as human noses are not that sensitive.

Ed Almos

thewllr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Nov 2007, 11:37 am

Ok right but mine is or it is and I can smell myself. Im just wondering and yes I believe I do in a sense have ocd like when I was younger I used to touch everything four times before going to bed until I believed the floor was lava.

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 12:13 pm

You could make yourself itchy and irritated with too many showers. Besides, it is wasteful. What about just a birdbath twice a day (wash the parts that you think might have an odor). Just don't do the "douse yourself in cologne" thing because that is much more offensive than a little natural human odor, IMHO.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 3:49 pm

I just farted, and I don't worry about it.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 4:06 pm

What I smell like to others does worry me a little, hence I tend to shower every day (twice a day in the summer), wear plenty of anti-perspirant and perfume.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Nov 2007, 4:27 pm

I take 2 showers during the summer and once every other time, sometimes i think about how I may smell, maby after working all day, but thats about it.

I think i usually smell good :)

monty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 7:25 pm

thewllr wrote:
Do you ever worry about if people can smell you whether naked in like a nudist setting or wearing clothes even though you take two showers a day and worrying if people will be repulsed if you fart and it permeates down there?

I've never been in a nudist setting. I sometimes get a bit rank and stinky if I don't bathe enough and/or use deodorant.

Two showers a day in the summer here (Florida) is not excessive, especially if one is in the morning, and one is in the evening after exercising or doing yard work. Winter time, one is enough.

Zinc oxide is a pretty good deodorant. Apply it at night to the hair (don't need to get it on the skin, the oil in zinc oxide cream can clog the pores). The zinc inhibits the bacteria that convert sweat into stinky sweat. With regular use, the effect builds up, and twice a week is enough for most people.

Lumina
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 10:48 pm

Ahhhh… I feel better knowing I’m not the only one who finds it necessary to take two showers a day. :oops: I worry about if I smell horrible even if someone informs me that I don‘t. It still sits in the back of head that I might.

Yes, I know it's wasteful, but it's a hard habit to break. I hate feeling icky.

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 11:44 pm

No, I take a shower every 3 days or so.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 11:45 pm

I always take a shower after I take a crap, I just don't feel clean otherwise. I suppose it's an obsessive habit now, as this has been going on for a few years. I always take a shower either A)waking up in the morning B) returning from the gym c) having a bowel movement.

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2007, 11:47 pm

I like taking showers too. I take one every morning and one in the evening when I get back home. It's quite normal to want to feel clean.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 12:45 am

i dont crap in public restrooms or at people's houses if i can help it

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 3:58 am

I definitely love to feel clean, and will often take 2 showers. I also try to avoid taking a crap in a public restroom or someone else's house if I can help it.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 5:14 am

I don't shower excessively; once a day. But I do wash my hair everyday as it gets very messy if I don't do this. I also don't crap in public toilets if I can help it. I think this is an OCD symptom but its also common in social phobia or so I've read. My younger brother showers twice a day even when there is no need and he stays in there for a good 15 minutes or so.