Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 9:31 am

Ragtime wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
I prefer tall guys, but I wouldn't dismiss a short one. I remember that in high school I really, really liked a guy who was about a head shorter than me.

Well, if a guy that short asks you out, you at least know he's brave! :)

If you want a guy with self-confidence, that would be a sure indicator. I once asked a girl to lunch who was three inches taller than me, AND she worked in my office. So ya, a little risky. But she said yes, and we had a good lunch. She opened up and told me all these intimate things about her past, and I was like "WOW, she really trusts me."

Confidence is always good, it's annoying to have to always boost someone's ego.
It sounds like that risk was worth taking, kudos to you for doing it. I've never had the guts to ask anyone out yet.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 3:12 pm

I'm 6'2" and I still can't get women lol.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 3:23 pm

Cyanide wrote:

I would guess that a man's height is, at the very most, 10% of the entire equation for female attraction.

It'd be really weird if every 6'2" had a wife or girlfriend. But I know of several tall, longtime-single guys.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Nov 2007, 4:51 pm

i am 5'10. (my dad is 6'7 and my mom is 5'3.)

i don't think short guys are less desireable people/mates, in fact, most have BETTER personalities because they have to work harder sometimes to get a girls attention, whereas some tall men are very arrogant because more women pursue them.

however, i just can't feel comfy with short men. BECAUSE i personally am too self conscious about how i look next to them. other tall girls i know say they feel the same way. i've had my body fat tested and all that jazz, and the 'normal' weight range for me is supposed to be between 147-197lbs. so 160lbs is a healthy weight. but i just can't feel FEMININE if i'm looming over a guy, ESPECIALLY if i also outweigh him. i feel prettier when i'm with a big guy that makes me feel small. i think many girls also dislike feeling big and awkward... so if you are short and want to date a taller girl, maybe you need one that likes to feel powerful and in control or something that would make her like the feeling of looking down on someone... i don't know. but i don't like to be around short people, especially girls because they make me feel so awkard and ugly.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 8:13 pm

Can identify with the above sentments. I am also 5'10, altho only 138 or so, but I feel very uncomfortable if a male weighs less than me etc...however, my ex was only 5'4, so although I like taller males, I have been with a short male also.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Nov 2007, 9:00 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Can identify with the above sentments. I am also 5'10, altho only 138 or so, but I feel very uncomfortable if a male weighs less than me etc...however, my ex was only 5'4, so although I like taller males, I have been with a short male also.

never dated anyone that short, but when i weigh less i will date shorter guys. i dated a guy that was 6 feet when i weighed 140, but looking back at the pictures of myself, my face looks unattractively skeletal and also i like having boobs... i know everyone is different and all, but even 140 SOUNDS like a big number when so many girls complain about being fat at 115 or 120.

Macallan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2007, 3:30 am

i_Am_andaJoy wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

never dated anyone that short, but when i weigh less i will date shorter guys. i dated a guy that was 6 feet when i weighed 140, but looking back at the pictures of myself, my face looks unattractively skeletal and also i like having boobs... i know everyone is different and all, but even 140 SOUNDS like a big number when so many girls complain about being fat at 115 or 120.

I'm a couple of inches taller than both of you and 140 is my maximum weight. No-one believes that I weigh 'that much', even though medically it's considered underweight :roll:

I don't mind if a guy isn't as heavy as me (I like skinny guys as I like to see and feel ribs and hip bones), but I do feel awkward with someone much shorter. Makes me feel like some kind of freaky goliath-woman :(

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 2:01 pm

Cyanide wrote:

maybe you are ugly or unemployed.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Nov 2007, 2:24 pm

awww. how cute. the little elf is hopping mad. maybe it's not YOUR teeny height either that is your problem, prince-y, but the whole Napolean thing you've got going on here.

Cyanide, if this was a bar, i would have just handed you my phone number over LePetit's head. ;)

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 2:33 pm

I am 5'5 & prefer the guy to be about 2-4 inches taller than me - but if he was shorter it wouldn't be a deal-breaker. Once at school I fancied a guy who was really short becuase of his big personality!

In fact I would prefer a shorter guy to a really tall one - it always looks really odd to me to see 5'1" women dating guys over 6 feet tall!

spirited
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2007, 3:24 pm

Brocknoth wrote:
In my boredom I've been browsing through various online personals and a common theme I've noticed among the ones that are posted by women is that they all want a tall guy. The majority of these ads want someone 5'10-6'1 and won't settle for someone shorter. Even if the person is 5'9 its not good enough, they need to be within the required height or they get ignored.

Now I'm not responding to any these, nor am I using these sites to find a date, I'm just baffled by this odd obsession with tall men. Ladies perhaps you could shed some light on this odd preference? I really don't see whats so interesting about a tall guy. If you ask me making height a requirement is actually kind of shallow.
Well, I wouldn't care about the height thing at all, except i am almost 5'9". When i wear heals, i am almost 6 foot. I don't like looking up at men, it hurts my neck, (for smooching), but, when I have dated shorter men, I have this annoying habit of draping my arm around there shoulders. They seem to really hate that. (If I date a shorter man, however, i don't wear heals) Also, I lead when I dance with a man, men REALLY hate that. I wouldn't mind a shorter man, i wouldn't specifically place an ad that said you have to be 5'8 or taller. I was told once as a younger woman, by a woman who was about 85 years old, we all seem the same height laying down. (Laying down, some guys are taller than others, i hear)

spirited
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2007, 3:27 pm

are short men bigger or smaller? <giggle>

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 4:22 pm

^^ you mean the penis size? it's not really correlated to height.

Koldune
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: At the tree from whither come the roots of which no one knows

16 Nov 2007, 4:46 pm

Being tall by itself isn't necessarily an advantage for a man, either. I've been 6' 3" since age 13. In high school, that made me look like a flagpole, since I weighed barely 140 lbs. I didn't exactly have girls fighting over me <grin>. Most of my single adult life (I'm happily married), I was amazed at how it seemed that few women were taller than 5' 4". Next to them, especially after gaining some weight, I felt like a cross between King Kong and the Empire State Building. Kissing a woman that short hurt my back, too. I wondered back then what it would be like to meet a woman who could look me straight in the eye. I've met a grand total of two such since then, neither in anything like romance circumstances.

?E. Weatherwax
Pro te ipso faciete. (Do for yourself.)

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 4:56 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Unfortunately...there can sometimes be weird ego issues with short guys...not always...but sometimes.....

there can sometimes be weird ego issues with guys ==> short guys are a part of the overall guys population ==> so possibly some short guys have ego issues ==> ego issues are not related to guy's height . Logical,isn't it?? But it's the "short man syndrome" ( that was scientifically disapproved) in your mind that made you to have this interpretation .

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 17 Nov 2007, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 1:54 am

no I based my interpretation on some of the guys I have known who were shorter. One in particular who I dated ...5'4"(and was more-or-less my first love...disasterous...)seemed to have a big chip on his shoulder that seemed to be partially based on his height. (it kept coming up in his poetry)...for example....
He was crazy-sexy....yikes.....just had really screwed up ego problems.....that stemmed from numerous sources.....not just his height...

Yes all guys have their issues....all different kinds of issues....as do women...about all different kinds of things....I have just met a few guys for whom their shortness was particularly um....an issue...and they seemd like they felt they had to overcompensate for it somehow..

I think partiularly short men are adorable and unique....I think that lots of women do...and I have been acquaintanced with short guys who seem to be really cool and talented and um...popular with the ladies....and happy with themselves...from what I can tell anyway, as I don't really know them all that well....

anywhoo...blah blah blah...i meant nothing offensive by my comment.