What kind of high school did/do you attend?

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Co-ed 82%  82%  [ 75 ]
Single Sex 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Homeschooled 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Other 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 6:55 pm

also tell me about your high school experience.

i'm at a co-ed high school and don't know if i could picture myself being at an all girls school...*shudders* i would hate just seeing girls all day(think of all the drama i'd witness). my high school experience has gone from bad to horrible to great to ehh... to wonderful ect... today it turned horrible when my teacher sociology teacher moved me from my great spot to a horrible spot.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 7:01 pm

I finished junior high, but I never went to high school. Yeah, I know. Shame on me.

Stevopedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2007, 7:31 pm

I go to a science and math magnet school. It's great; probably half the students there are aspies, and so are some of the teachers! :D

TitanDak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Nov 2007, 8:23 pm

I'm still technicaly in high school (people think I look sixteen so I guess it dosen't matter) and I've been homeschooled since 5th grade.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Nov 2007, 8:37 pm

High school was hell. I only lasted until 10th grade, and then dropped out. I later went on to college, though. Oh, yeah, it was co-ed. I wanted to go to an all girls boarding school, but my mother kept me home in order to torment me. :x

Last edited by hartzofspace on 17 Nov 2007, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

17 Nov 2007, 1:19 am

I went to a public co-ed high school...

It went from bad to worse...left me attempting suicide before I left there.
I am glad that I left that school or I would be dead now.

Eire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Nov 2007, 3:03 am

I went to a new high school that was supposed to specialize in helping kids with learning disorders. When I graduated I was in no way prepared for college. Everyone just smoked a lot of weed and I spent a lot of time reading because I had no friends.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 9:36 pm

I was in high school, and now I'm homeschooled.

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Nov 2007, 9:11 am

Private (but not special) co-ed high-school.
I used to hate it at first, but now I'm so glad I don't go to a 'normal' school. :D

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2007, 3:41 pm

co ed public elementary up til 2nd grade
magnet coed 3-5th grade
coed public middle school 7-8th grade (but same people from my magnet school were in all my classes, they kept us together)
coed public highschool... but they kept us same kids together in classes.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2007, 4:03 pm

A public co-ed high school in Prince William County, VA.
Osbourn Park Senior High School.

CGKings317
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Nov 2007, 3:44 am

I attended a magnet high school that emphasized the sciences and technology. I loved my former high school's Junior and Senior internship program. I went to classes Monday through Thursday while on Fridays I interned in the community. I interned at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry and the United States Geological Survey.

~CGKings317

CGKings317

21 Nov 2007, 3:48 am

Stevopedia wrote:
I go to a science and math magnet school. It's great; probably half the students there are aspies, and so are some of the teachers! :D

There were a few aspies at the magnet high school I went to. That was fun!

~CGKings317

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 5:43 am

i went to a school where they made you buy $100 graphing calculators for math and the art teacher wore a business suit. they spent $200,000 installing new lights on the football field for a team that never won. i started attending a year after Columbine and since i was one of the "quiet loners" i got an interview with the dean to make sure i wasn't crazy.

i graduated a semester early and encourage as many kids as possible to homeschool. they'll be much happier.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 8:18 am

My school is co-ed. It's just not called high school and it's not a high school, because I don't live in the US. Anyways, all the schools I've been to were co-ed.

s0uThp4rk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2007, 5:23 pm

co-ed all the way... I switched high schools in 9th grade though. I went for half a year in 9th, had a breakdown of sorts, got suspended for 2 weeks, changed to cyber school for half a year, then moved to a nearby area with a different hs. I like this hs much better, seems more easy going. lunch is the crappiest period though, because I always sit alone where I'm more comfortable, yet people stare at me sometimes which is irritating. The period is way too long, so I eat then sleep for awhile. :) Also, i've had to not take too many honors or ap classes because they're too stressful for me. I can get great grades, but what teachers don't understand is I'm killing myself inside, as there's more need for talking, presenting things, etc in those classes. The teachers in those type classes are sometimes snobs that won't make accommodations for me, so I just stay away from them. :roll: