What kind of high school did/do you attend?

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Co-ed 82%  82%  [ 75 ]
Single Sex 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Homeschooled 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Other 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 92

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 7:46 pm

Well, I spent my first two years or so in a public high school with 2,000+ students, so that obviously went well.

I then transferred to a small alternative high school for students that didn't fit into the traditional school setting (me) and I will tell anyone that the four years I spent there were some of the best in my life. I truly became the person I am today because of that school and the people in it. I am so thankful for all that they have done for me, that I built them an outdoor classroom for my Eagle Scout project.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 11:45 am

co-ed main stream

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 11:07 am

Coed mainstream Rock and Roll stoner high

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 10:47 am

I was home-schooled. If I had gone to a high school with other people, I think I would have either killed myself or pulled a Columbine.

leniorose
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Nov 2017, 12:31 am

Co-ed magnet high school, that focused on foreign languages, military stuff and diplomacy.
It was weird. We learned foreign languages, a lot of history, diplomacy and cultural studies- and also warfare tactics and how to design military bases and weapons. There was also a 75% dropout rate.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 7:14 am

Co-ed mainstream highschool where in your second year you needed to choose a specific area to focus on.
My first year was hell but in my second year there were only 7 students in my class room, including me, all of whom were the so-called weird kids and they were all really lovely people. Since we had so few people, teachers were also more friendly and understanding. So except for the first year it wasn't so unpleasant.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 12:30 pm

I went to a pretty average, co-ed, high school. It was huge. There were almost 800 people in my graduating class and 2,000-something students in the three grades in the school. I didn't have a lot of friends and I struggled with some of my school work, but I got decent grades. One thing I wish had been done differently is that I wish they had prepped me more for college. I think people didn't expect me to go, even though my family and I were planning on it.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 12:42 pm

I went to a smallish co-ed high school with about 600 students. It was kind of average, I guess. Not known as the best in either academics or athletics. It was the artsy school, I suppose. It was all right. Most of the students were nice, and the teachers were decent, but towards the end I started feeling really uncomfortable in classes and procrastinating on my work a lot. I couldn't be gladder to be out of that environment.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 12:56 pm

...It was co-ed but there is more to it than that...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

24 Nov 2017, 5:56 pm

My high school was a mainstream co-ed with a built-in sixth form, just south of Manchester (although I live about 30 miles of this school :o ) - so it took me about an hour's drive to get there.

Basically the reason why I went there was because it was the only school that'd take me. I don't live in the middle of nowhere at all (actually next to a mid-sized city) but the local schools in my area were either:
a) of a poor reputation
b) unable to support my special needs
or c) too full to take me

Sometimes I felt cut off from my friends, and I spent 10 hours a week in a taxi (sometimes more if the traffic is bad), but all in all it was okay. I'm used to the travelling because I used to travel a long distance to primary school.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 5:36 pm

I attended a public alternative school.

Stradaniye
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2018, 4:03 pm

Pulled out of public school in the 4th grade. I was supposed to be evaluated for Asperger's due to my behavioral issues, but my mother was so ashamed that she responded by pulling me out. She claimed to have "homeschooled" me, but it really wasn't that. I got no education at all after that. She even stopped vaccinating me, which prevented me from ever returning to school. I was thrown in a mental institution and diagnosed with Asperger's as an adult, and then was kicked out shortly after. Now I'm trying to pick up the pieces and find some GED classes.

He promised I would find a little solace and some piece of mind…whatever just as long as I don’t feel so…

Linuxlover1000
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2018, 12:05 am

I've been unschooled sense the 5th grade, and before that I was in a sped class that taught me a few levels lower than I was at. I'm going to be going back to public co-ed highscholl as a 9th grader.