Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 10:06 pm

I was watching the republican debates (I'm for Ron Paul) and this dude was droning on about how putting more money into space exploration was a waste of our money, when answering a citizen's question about colonizing mars. I can't help but strongly disagree.
The current leaders think the answer to overpopulation is murder in camps. I however believe that if we can expand to Mars by 2030, and keep the free world in tact, this would be a FAR better alternative to the population crisis than murdering 80% of the world's people and throwing more money into an oppressive global banking military complex that the money is currently funding. I mean hell America alone has the most advanced military in the world, globalist s**t aside I still don't think we need to poor more money into the military. The money would be better used for curing illness and working towards colonizing mars so we (ie earthlings) can spread out.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 11:20 pm

There are serious problems of sending a few very skillful astronauts to Mars in 10 years or so and it is very dicey even then. There are huge empty spaces in Antarctica and the Sahara Desert that are far more accommodating than Mars and much cheaper for carfare and I doubt you'll get many willing to go there. Mars is closer to Hell than to a place to live.