yes 71%  71%  [ 15 ]
no 29%  29%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 21

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 9:29 pm

AspieDave wrote:
The quoted article you posted is from 2004. It's 2008. Check the calender....

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

What difference does that make? Does it change the fact that the CDC (center for disease control in the US) is now RECOMMENDING NEW THIMEROSAL VACCINES TO REPLACE THE BANNED VACCINES! Give me one good reason why the CDC is intent on injecting mercury into 6-24 month old babies other than to undermine the effort to find out whether autism rates decrease after Thimerosal is removed?

I feel like banging my head into a wall when you and others can't understand what's happening. :wall:

Quote:
California bans mercury-containing vaccines for pregnant women, kids

Oct 1, 2004 (CIDRAP News) – Pregnant women and children younger than 3 in California will soon no longer receive vaccines containing more than a trace of mercury, under a law approved this week.

Vaccines for those groups will contain no more than a trace of thimerosal (termed thimerosal-free in the industry)—a preservative in some vaccines that contains ethyl mercury. The law takes effect in July 2006, according to news services...

But this year, in recommending for the first time that 6- to 23-month-old children routinely get flu shots, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in May did not go on record in favor of a thimerosal-free formulation of the vaccine.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/cidrap/conten ... uvacc.html

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 9:32 pm

beau99 wrote:
Kiwi and zendell,

What you are saying here is misinformation.

Thimerosal is banned in ALL required vaccines, and has been since 2001.

Some flu vaccines still contain it, but it is possible to get them thimerosal-free.

I just quoted an article from 2004 that says CA plans to ban thimerosal from childhood vaccines in 2006 and the CDC responded by recommending thimerosal flu shots now be given to replace the mercury they're not getting from the other vaccines. And even with the ban, the vaccines will still contain thimerosal. The ban in CA will only reduce the thimerosal and legally allow them to call it thimerosal-free even though it still contains thimerosal.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 9:38 pm

AspieDave wrote:
A peer reviewed double blind study is a 'joke' and was 'deliberately created' to deceive people....

OK, I'm done... get some therapy, for paranoia. Before you end up living in a backwood cabin in Montana writing a manifesto.... seriously, that is the most paranoid statement I've seen in some time.

Are you so blind that you can't understand what is happening? Maybe you should enlist and become cannon fodder for Bush's war. The terrorists are gonna get us. You know the government doesn't lie. Go soldier go!

I think I easily refuted that study at http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt53320.html

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 10:07 pm

Zendell, how do you explain how the rates of autism diagnosis rose in Denmark after their government ceased administering thimerosol-containing vaccines?

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 10:09 pm

No, I'm done, as I said. I'm done banging my head against the wall.... the next thing you're going to tell me is the CIA manufactured the study result as a "Report on Weapons of Mass Vaccination"... I learned a long time ago not to bother arguing with political zealots, or deeply religious people. There's no point. They aren't willing to listen to new and credible evidence. Believe what you will. Believe that there's a mass conspiracy to vaccinate people and create a superrace of Aspie's as another thread seemed to be heading... Believe that someone was born of a virgin and raised from the dead. Believe that Bush was right, for all I care... personally I think he's a f***ing idiot, but then I have that opinion of a lot of people.... Believe what you want, I'm done trying to discuss it rationally.

Just remember the black helicopters don't make any rotor noise... so if you hear NOTHING... that's when they're coming to get you....

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 10:18 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
Zendell, how do you explain how the rates of autism diagnosis rose in Denmark after their government ceased administering thimerosol-containing vaccines?

I can't. The studies seem to indicate that thimerosal isn't involved in autism. After I read the CA study and saw the flaws in it (which no one here can explain), I'm starting to question what I'm told.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 10:23 pm

AspieDave wrote:
No, I'm done, as I said. I'm done banging my head against the wall.... the next thing you're going to tell me is the CIA manufactured the study result as a "Report on Weapons of Mass Vaccination"... I learned a long time ago not to bother arguing with political zealots, or deeply religious people. There's no point. They aren't willing to listen to new and credible evidence. Believe what you will. Believe that there's a mass conspiracy to vaccinate people and create a superrace of Aspie's as another thread seemed to be heading... Believe that someone was born of a virgin and raised from the dead. Believe that Bush was right, for all I care... personally I think he's a f***ing idiot, but then I have that opinion of a lot of people.... Believe what you want, I'm done trying to discuss it rationally.

Just remember the black helicopters don't make any rotor noise... so if you hear NOTHING... that's when they're coming to get you....

I hope I didn't frustrate you too much. For the record, I'm not a political zealots or a deeply religious person. I'm willing to listen to new and credible evidence. In fact, many people tell me I'm too open-minded because I tend to question everything. I will question both sides of issues and maybe find a new third side. What I hate is blind faith, whether it's religion, government, or anything else. I want people to think and question and examine all sides of issues. I questioned the CA study because I found what I think are flaws. Instead of answering my questions, it seems like most people would rather just call me a nut, ignore the flaws, and continue blindly believing everything they hear. That's what frustrates me.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 10:30 pm

Honestly, even though I disagree with some of your points, you come of as a very intelligent person. Controversial issues often times have less to do with the information itself but the source, so the problem with "picking a side," or so to say, is that a certain amount of blind faith, if you will, is required to believe a source, regardless of what side of the fence you associate with. Hell, unless you are in the lab doing the research yourself you rely on a certain amount of "faith" if you think about it. You shouldn't fault yourself for questioning everything, skepticism is one of the core values of science.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 10:36 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
Honestly, even though I disagree with some of your points, you come of as a very intelligent person. Controversial issues often times have less to do with the information itself but the source, so the problem with "picking a side," or so to say, is that a certain amount of blind faith, if you will, is required to believe a source, regardless of what side of the fence you associate with. Hell, unless you are in the lab doing the research yourself you rely on a certain amount of "faith" if you think about it. You shouldn't fault yourself for questioning everything, skepticism is one of the core values of science.

Thanks for supporting me Phagocyte. I often end up undecided on issues and end up getting attacked by both sides for questioning them. I'm called the devil's advocate alot. I'm told I need to make up my mind but it doesn't bother me too much not knowing.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 10:39 pm

zendell wrote:
Thanks for supporting me Phagocyte. I often end up undecided on issues and end up getting attacked by both sides for questioning them. I'm called the devil's advocate alot. I'm told I need to make up my mind but it doesn't bother me too much not knowing.

Hey, I'm sort of the same way. I prefer known ignorance over shaky "knowledge."

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 11:02 pm

beau99 wrote:
Kiwi and zendell,

What you are saying here is misinformation.

Thimerosal is banned in ALL required vaccines, and has been since 2001.

Some flu vaccines still contain it, but it is possible to get them thimerosal-free.

That's the beauty of the Internet, nuts can find "evidence" for anything they want and can claim that everything contradicting their "evidence" is a cover-up by Big Pharma, The Illuminati, The Bush Family Evil Empire, George Soros, Jewish bankers, alien lizard-men, etc., etc.

Rossi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jan 2008, 5:56 am

zendell wrote:
I'm willing to listen to new and credible evidence. In fact, many people tell me I'm too open-minded because I tend to question everything. I will question both sides of issues and maybe find a new third side. What I hate is blind faith, whether it's religion, government, or anything else. I want people to think and question and examine all sides of issues. I questioned the CA study because I found what I think are flaws. Instead of answering my questions, it seems like most people would rather just call me a nut, ignore the flaws, and continue blindly believing everything they hear. That's what frustrates me.

You might have a bit a wrong picture of yourself then - because on those threads here which I studied with big interest and where I partially have posted you seem to be exactly the opposite of what you think you are.
You show blind faith to any conspiracy resource on the net without questioning the sources of information they spread. Many knowledgable people here gave you links to scientific resources, evidence, showed your conspiracy sources wrong backed up with evidence but you tend to ignore that entirely or doubt it with reference to your own beliefs ("I think mercury causes autism, there's just no proof, but I am sure it is true"). You ignore and doubt results of any scientific research that contradicts your beliefs. You see big conspiracies behind everything that has the slightest sign of an "official" connection, but copy any fishy article from even more fishy websites if it only supports your ideas (see infowar.com).

And it's absolutely not true that "most people" here rather call you "a nut, ignore the flaws, and continue blindly believing everything they hear" - the many discussions here show exactly the opposite.